Friday, April 22, 2011

Paper Cutz Challenge #88


Hooray, Friday and time for another Paper Cutz Challenge.  This week Mary gave us a color challenge.  I don't know why but I usually have a bit of a panic attack over color challenges.  Mary asked us to use pink, blue, green, purple and white.  I decided to make a quick, simple and easy tall card (or in my case, wide and skinny) which is cut at 8 1/2" x 8" and scored at 4" from white cardstock.  It seems my time is so limited since we put our house up for sale.  All I do is clean this big five bedroom behemoth house to keep it looking good for viewing.  Which means I can't make a mess in my craft room.  I'm trying to take it all in stride, but I'm tired of cleaning.  Good thing hubby and I tend to be neat.  Anyway back to my card...I topped it with a blue and white gingham from DCWV Nana's Kitchen stack.  I used my Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge to cut the scallops...one from green cardstock the other from Bo Bunny dots.  I also used the same cartridge to cut my sentiment from purple cardstock.  I embellished with a green polka dot ribbon that I gathered at each scallop by tying with twine then added purple buttons with twine bows. I just can't seem to make anything lately without adding polka dots.  I'm obsessed with them.

4 comments:

Ash said...

DARLING!!!!!

Sharon said...

I think the polka dots go great with the gingham and scallops! I love it!! :)

Stef H said...

i love color challenges and this is just stunning!

house for sale??? oh i do hope you're staying in the states!!!! do tell!!!

wishing you a truly blessed easter my friend - and the sun didn't come out here either - BUT - it did stop raining for an hour - about 3:00 p.m.!

hugs :)

Michele Kovack said...

This is so pretty! Love the top of the card!!!