We made it to Friday! Are you glad the weekend is upon us? It's time for another challenge at Paper Cutz. This week Mary asked the DT to make a card for Easter. I've been dying to use the chocolate bunny with the bite out of his ear from Cricut's Easter 2010 cartridge. I just think it's so cute. I used Mojo Monday's sketch to put this card together. I came across this brown, pink and green paper in my stash the other day. I picked it up at Hobby Lobby a long time ago clearanced to 10 cents a sheet. It was 8 1/2 x 11 inch which I don't use much, but for 10 cents I couldn't pass it up. I found some coordinating solid cardstock in pink and green in my scraps. My scalloped circle is cut with my Cricut Mini Monogram cartridge and topped with a pink circle, a brown polka dot and a strip of stripe paper. I added a pink square backed with some green and punched the edge with a Fiskars punch. I just happened to have this light green ribbon laying around that is probably over fifteen years old. I used to store my ribbons in a big plastic bin, but recently my fantastic and handy husband created a ribbon rack for me. Now my ribbons are displayed on my wall so they're not so easy to overlook. You can see a picture of it at the end of this post. Thanks Honey, you're the best. Another long overlooked item from my stash on this card is the green flower, been around forever. After I bought them I never used them because I thought to myself, whoever heard of a green flower? I thought they went perfect with the colors on this card though. I hope you'll have time to create an Easter card to share with us at Paper Cutz this week. Thanks for stopping by. I'm also going to enter this card into the Fantabulous Cricut challenge for a spring time themed card.
4 comments:
BEST Easter sentiment EVER! Not to mention an awesome card. I have green flowers too; but I never thought about not seeing green flowers (except dyed on St. Patrick's Day.) Now I will smile and think of you every time I use a green flower! I love your mega ribbon rack; what an awesome hubby. Of course all the ribbon won't fit, that is just part of the addiction :)
I have a much smaller ribbon rack, so I really had to pick and choose what made it to the display. I gave away some of the ones that did not make the rack, and the others are on my craft table and I am challenging myself to use them up.
Absolutely LOVE this card. It is sooo pretty and soooo funny. Your MOJO is in full gear, girlie!!
xx Susan
love the card. absolutely GORGEOUS colors too! and what a shelf! love it! my ribbons are by colors in empty stampin'up boxes. smart huh - lol!
yep. no S word. now we have R (rain) sheesh.
hugs :)
http://www.deannescreativejuice.blogspot.com/ I wanted you to see my blog. It has a heads up to you and a link back! I loved your card - Bite me!
deanne
Post a Comment