Monday, April 4, 2011
BBTB2 Mommy
Happy Monday! It's time for a new challenge at BBTB2. The DT was asked to use any of the sayings from the Mother's Day 2010 cartridge. I don't have this cartridge so I had to make some substitutions. Now I'm hoping you look at this card and perhaps think it doesn't quite look up to my usual standards. That's because it was a collaborative effort between me and my four year old granddaughter. You may also think to yourself that you've never seen a pink and purple hedgehog. Well, now you have. If Payton has anything to do with creating from paper you can be assured it will be pink and purple, her favorite colors. I learned something from this little combined effort. I still hate glitter and I hate it even more in combination with a four year old. So now you know the paper choices were picked by Payton. She also picked the hedgehog. My contribution to this card was finding the cuts on the cartridges, getting the paper on the mat, adhering the hedgehog pieces and anything else to do with glue. Payton has become an old hand at pushing the buttons on the Cricut machine. She knows to wait until the picture comes up in the window to push the cut button. She is not at expert at sprinkling glitter in the proper place. LOL I used the Heritage cartridge for the word Mommy which is cut at 1" and glittered. The hedgehog is from the ever popular Create A Critter and is cut at 2". I love (heart) U is also cut from Create A Critter at 1". Oh yeah, Payton learned how to use the Cuttlebug (crank the handle) for this card, too. Thanks for stopping by. I should probably offer up an apology to my DT sisters for this, too. I'll try to make up for it next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh Jeri, no apologies needed - your pink and purple hedgehog is adorable. You and Payton did a great job and her mommy is going to treasure the card! I love that the two of worked together on this!!!
xx Susan
Oh Jeri, this is precious! The papers are beautiful and the hedgie is the cutest! I'm still LOL about the glitter. Great job! You're quite the team! xxD
Well I think you two did a great job! Loving the pink and purple hedgie! Well done Payton!
Hugs
Juliexx
I think it came out lovely! TFS.
Wow, Payton! You and your grandmother make a great team. I love the purple and pink hedgehog.
What an awesome card Payton, your Mommy is going to love it! And I'm jealous, I wish my Granddaughters were here to craft with, sounds like you Both had a Blast!
((Hugs)) Theresa
I just LOVE that you did this with your granddaughter!! And...I think they are fabulous colors :)
OMG - I LOVE LOVE LOVE your whimsical card ! Purple and Pink hedgehogs are pretty cute ! What a great job Payton - what a great team you make with your grandma !!!! Hugs - Lori
Post a Comment