Friday, April 8, 2011

Paper Cutz Bunny Card

This week at Paper Cutz Mary asked the DT to use a bunny, lamb, chick or Easter egg.  I decided to go with the bunny so I could use this cute image that I printed and cut with my Cricut Imagine.  This cut came from the Nursery Tails cartridge.  As concluded from the name there are quite a few cuts on the cartridge that are compatible with a baby theme.  The images are pretty much done in soft pastels (perfect for Easter).  This is a
6 1/2x 5" card base made from white cardstock topped with a purple mat and a patterned Easter egg paper from It Takes Two.  I topped that with a scalloped oval that I cut from the Storybook cartridge in a yellow polka dot.  I printed my sentiment from The Cutting Cafe right onto this with my computer and printer.  Then I printed and cut my image at 3.5".   I cut with the layer function on so I could pop dot for dimension.  I've grown pretty fond of my Cricut Imagine.  The only thing I don't like about it is the size and weight.  Which means I won't be able to take it with me when we travel in our RV.  Darn!  It is so easy to put together a scrapbook page or a card in minutes with the ability to cut and print.  The printing feature assures me that I will always have papers available that coordinate, too. 

5 comments:

June Houck said...

*sigh* I knew that was Imagine yumminess before I even read your post. I am going to have to save up for this machine :)

Your card is so cute! I love that you pop-up the cuts for interest and dimension…and the bling in the center of the flower too!

Brenda said...

Adorable card! The colors you used are perfect.

Sharon said...

Oh wow! This is just fantastic. Everytime I decide I really don't need an Imagine, someone makes something awesome with it. This time it's
you! I so love your card!!! The colors are just wonderful. That little bunny, toadstool and flower are just beautiful! And I love the Easter egg bg paper. :)

ShersL84bed said...

Love your card, the layering is great.

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

Kristie W. said...

Very pretty! I love dimension you gave the card.