Friday, April 15, 2011

Paper Cutz Challenge #87 Buttons & Bows



It's the end of the work week and who isn't ready for the weekend?  Friday means it's time for a new challenge at Paper Cutz.  This week Mary asked the DT to use buttons and bows.  I love how my card turned out and I did it all with my Cricut Imagine.  I'm really coming to love the machine so much.  I printed all my papers using the Best Friends cartridge which features Cosmo Cricket paper patterns.  What I find completely fascinating about the paper printing feature is the patterns become proportional to the size of the image you cut.  For example, the cloud paper.  I cut the shape at 2 1/4" and the clouds are tiny.  If I had cut the same shape at 11" the clouds are bigger. I cut the bird from the Home Decor cartridge and used the fill feature on the Imagine to print the papers it's cut from.  This assures me that all my papers and colors will coordinate and I know that I will always have access to make more of the paper, never running out or having my paper "discontinued".  You also have the option of breaking up premade images into layers to just use whatever part of the image you want.  That's how I got my Your Tweet sentiment.  For the buttons and bows part of this card I used a pink and yellow button and layered them.  I tied a bow from twine through the holes of the pink button.  Then I added a bow made from a piece of lace.  I also added two flowered stick pins.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get the chance to play along with our Buttons and Bows challenge.

5 comments:

shelly said...

jeri.. i LOVE this! youre making me want the imagine;)

Stef H said...

i hope you have stock in CRICUT!!! you are definitely the QUEEN of using it. it still scares me - lol.

this is absolutely gorgeous. i mean, GOR-G-US!!!!

hugs :)

Sharon said...

Beautiful!! :)

Ash said...

This is fabulous!! Great Job!!

Hugz,
Ash :)

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous!!!! The colors are fabulous:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com