We're halfway through the work week now and that means it's Wednesday, Cricut Cardz Challenge day. This week our challenge is to use a house image from any cartridge, a flourish and some lace. I used the Cricut Lite Sugar and Spice cartridge for this cute little Victorian cottage image. I used my Gypsy to make it into a shaped card. My base card is made by welding two of the house shapes, flipping one and attaching them at the top then cutting them from kraft cardstock. I also used the hide contour key to take out all the markings. I cut another house shape from a medium brown cardstock and attached it to the front of the card. I used a pale yellow textured cardstock for the house layer and textured white cardstock for the windows, door and trim. I made the Welcome to OUR Neighborhoods with my computer and printed in brown ink. The lace trim is added at the mid-section of the house and my flourish is above the attic window. I cut it at 1/2" from the Cindy Loo cartridge and added a yellow rhinestone to the flower center. I wish I had a cute little cottage like this to live in, on the shores of a pretty lake, in the summer, with the sun shining down. Sorry, my daydream got away from me. It's this miserable cold weather that's still hanging around here in Michigan. Hope you can join the challenge this week at Cricut Cardz with a house card of your own. Don't forget to add the lace and a flourish.
3 comments:
Jeri - OMGOSH! I love this card!! It looks like the doll house I made for my niece when she was a little girl! Just lovely. I too would love the a cottage like that on the shores of a lake - hubby would be thrilled with that too!
xx Susan
Very pretty card! Love the lace! Great job!!
Connie :)
DT2
This is a very cool card! How wonderful this would be to give to a new neighbor. Thanks for sharing!
Anniebee
Post a Comment