Monday, March 7, 2011

BBTB2 Ladybug

Another week, another Monday, another BBTB2 challenge.  This week our fearless leader, Heather, asked the DT to use the ladybug from Boys Will Be Boys.  I don't have this cartridge so I used the ladybug from Doodlecharms.  An oldie but goodie.  I think Doodlecharms is the first cartridge I bought after I got my original Cricut.  It's hard to remember back that far.  Now ninety-some cartridges later...I don't even want to think about the fortune wrapped up in this...neither does hubby.  LOL  I just happened to have this ladybug  patterned paper from Making Memories in my stash.  I started with an A2 card made from kraft cardstock.  My ladybug is cut at  2 1/2" with a shadow from brown cardstock and patterned paper from Heidi Grace.  I cut two layers of the patterned paper so I could layer.  I found my cute little ladybug poem on the website quotegarden.com.   I typed it up on my computer and printed it in dark pink.  I added some cat's eye embellishments to the ladybug's body and a tiny bow and pink button.  Of course, it wouldn't be one of my cards without some doodling with a white gel pen. 
I'll be sending this card off to my granddaughter Payton.  She loves to get mail from Nana.  Now remember if you'd like to join the BBTB2 challenge but don't have Boys Will Be Boys you can use any cartridge with a ladybug and there are quite a few.  Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

**Treefrog** said...

What Perfect paper for a Perfect Card Jeri! I love the color combo too. I'm sure your granddaughter is going to love it too. My granddaughters love to get mail too, lol!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Nancy said...

I love the paper you used it is just perfict. Your card is dreat!

Nancy said...

LOL!! dont you just love the way that comment came out!! do I get a do over?
I love the paper you used it is just perfect your card is great!! ahhhh thats betterer........

Vicky said...

Adorable love your card the colors are so pretty love the pink and brown.

Bella Scrapbook Designs said...

I love your card. I have some of the same paper. I love the pink and brown ladybug, with all its layers. The bow on the ladybug makes her look very pretty

DonnaMundinger said...

Leave it to you to have the absolute OERFECT paper and that little quote is as cute as can be! LOVE your colors and fab doodling on this, Jeri! xxD

A Little Time said...

Oh gosh this is sweet!! I love all the layers and your paper choices. Your granddaughter will love this!

Maria said...

Love all the elements together! The paper, the poem and the layered ladybug :) Great card!

Cindy Beland said...

SOOO cute!This is such a super card!!!

GiuliaG. said...

Jeri, I love the layout of your card and the papers you used and how all the beautiful colors come together....great job!

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

So So So Cuuuute....Love the colors....