Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Cutting Cafe Egg Sentiment Shaped Card

There's an adorable new shaped card set at The Cutting Cafe called Egg Sentiment Shaped Card Set.  It comes with an egg shaped card, scalloped edge topper, envelope with an egg edge, 8 patterned papers in two different sizes and 4 sentiment borders.  The adorable little chick I used on my card came from another Cutting Cafe set called Easter Set 1.  I was always fascinated with fuzzy, cute, cuddly chicks and ducks when I was young and was always trying to get my mom to let me get one at Easter time.  I never convinced her.  Now I understand they aren't house pets.  LOL  I cut my base card from white cardstock and topped it with the scalloped shape cut from Bazzill Basic Dots in yellow.  Then I printed and cut the black polka dot piece topping it with the shaped sentiment.  I cut my chick from a scrap of yellow polka dot and embossed the egg shell with Cuttlebug's  Swiss Dot folder.  For some reason this little chick made me think of the book Chicken Little that I loved so much when I was a child.  It must be a picture from the book that jogs my memory.  Anyway...I used dimensionals on the egg shell and a second layer of flowers. I added little tiny pearls in the center of the flowers that I colored orange with my Copics.  Here's a little hint for you when you're working with circle or oval shaped cards.  Trim a little off the bottom of the card back straight across and when it's standing it won't wobble. 

I will use this card for the following challenges:

10 comments:

Stef H said...

oh is this fabulous as is the basket in the post below! you totally rock that cricut. mine still scares me, but i'm getting there.

oh i hate to use some of my paper too. HOWEVER, i found that by cutting the 12x12 (since i don't scrapbook) into 6x6's it changes the look of the paper and makes it way easier to use - especially if it's a paper you're not crazy about!

hope you're feeling good and the weekend fabulous!

hugs :)

Regina Easter said...

HOW STINKIN CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE CUTE....omg....yes you TOTALLY ROCK

Zuzana Obert said...

Your chick is so sweet and cute. I love embossed egg shell and the colour combo too. Thank you for visiting our Book Club this week :0)

Zuzana x x

Julie said...

This is such a clever card,love the egg! Glad you shared it with the Southern Girls Challenge. Have a great week,Julie.x

Lynda said...

Such a cute card - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

THERESA said...

This is so sweet and , yes , they still ask .......chick or egg 1st .......... hehehe
Thanks for joining us over at Pattie's Creations Challenge .......:))

Kathy said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet card with The Daring Cardmakers this week

Pattie G said...

What a cute card! I love how you used our theme for this weeks challenge. Thanks for joining us this week at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Hugs ♥

Unknown said...

What a great card! Thanks for joining in with us at Southern Girls this week. I have a Magnolia stamp candy on my blog if you are interested :)
Alicia xx
http://alicia-timetocreate.blogspot.com/

smhoffmann said...

How did you cut the egg...did you use your cutter machine?