Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Things I Love About Spring

I know the calendar says it's Spring, but if you were where I am (Michigan) right now it's anything but Spring. I'm writing this as the sleet is pelting my studio window and we are under a Winter Weather Advisory.  Oh goody!!!  I can't believe I'm saying this...at this point I'm glad it's not more of the white stuff.  The last pile of snow just melted from our backyard yesterday.  Anyway, trying to remain in my Spring frame of mind I made another card today using a brand new set from The Cutting Cafe called One Spring Day for a few challenges.  Fabulous set with over 90 digital images in black/white and color. 

The Challenges:
I loved this tree image the minute I saw it.  Nothing would make me happier than seeing some green leaves right now, but here in Michigan that's about another month away.  I am happy to say that the robins started returning last week.  (If I were them I would have stayed where it was warmer).  This is a standard A2 card cut from kraft cardstock and topped with yellow polka dot paper from my scrap bin.  I added the red gingham ribbon and bow before placing the printable stamp on top.  Then I printed the little journaling sentiment tag and popped it up with dimensionals.  I added a little doodling and it was finished.  It truly doesn't get easier. 

6 comments:

Stef H said...

i love the journaling card on the front. what a super idea!!! fabulous card.

yeah, the winds were howling during the night and the rains came with the cold weather. i think spring will miss us and we'll go right into summer. oh wait? will we even have a summer? lol.

hugs :)

Cec said...

What a sweet little card. Here is the first journal entry - "It isn't winter". It is snowing here in Toronto so like you I am ready for spring. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
Hugs!
Cec

Unknown said...

How CUTE! What a creative card. Hoping that Spring arrives really soon for you. :) Thanks so much for sharing your project with us this week at Shelly's Images.

Anonymous said...

I love this, great idea, an love your tree too.

Thanks for joining us at AC,

Huggies Angel

Anonymous said...

Delightful card.Love the gingham ribbon and spotty paper.Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best :D
Lisa x

Lesley said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx