Saturday, March 5, 2011
The Cutting Cafe Let's Go For A Ride
I wanted to make a quick card today to send to my granddaughter. I haven't seen her in awhile and wanted to make sure she didn't forget how much I love her. I whipped this card together with a couple new sets from The Cutting Cafe. I used the BICYCLE BACKGROUND PRINTABLE STAMP SET and the LET'S GO FOR A RIDE SET. The scalloped black frame came from the older set ANIMAL AND BUG LOVE PRINTABLE STAMP SET. The thing I love most about The Cutting Cafe sets is the quickness and ease of putting together a card on the spur of the moment. For this card I started with a black cardstock A2 card and topped it with a kraft cardstock mat. All of my printed elements are done on kraft cardstock. First I printed the scalloped frame and cut it out. Then I printed the little bicycle right on this scalloped frame. I did that by first printing the bicycle on a scrap piece of printer paper then placing my scalloped frame over the top of that printing, aligning it so the bicycle would print on the bottom half of the scalloped frame. All I had to do after that was print out a sheet of the background words and trim a piece to fit inside the scalloped frame. For a little pop of color I added a scrap of red polka dot paper to separate the words from the image, added a piece of black rick rack and then placed the sentiment (from the Let's Go For A Ride set) on some pop dots. I added a little red Copic marker to the flowers on the bicycle and a little doodling with a white gel pen to finish it off. I know Payton is going to love getting this card in the mail from Nana.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
this is darling. i send jade a card filled with stickers every week... and heaven forbid if i miss a week - lol.
hugs :)
oh my oh my oh my this is one adorable little bike card...oh so sweet...hugs
Really cute Jeri! I love the kraft. Fab new set! Love it! xxD
Post a Comment