Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Cutting Cafe Book Box

There's a new set out at The Cutting Cafe and I just love it.  If you're looking for a clever and unique way to give a book for a gift...you've found it here.  This set is called the BOOK BOX TEMPLATE/CUTTING FILE.  There are some special cutting instructions that come with this box.  You need to set your printer to print an 8 1/2" x 14" piece of paper.  I used a 12" x 12" piece of DCWV textured cardstock and trimmed it down to 8 1/2" x 12" before placing in my printer tray.  After assembling the box cover and bottom I cut a scalloped rectangle using my Cricut Storybook cartridge to place on the cover.  I wanted my box to look real girly and feminine.  I used pink tulle for my bow and tied it around the scalloped rectangle before attacing it to the box.  Now I had my basic structure and it was time to decorate.  I used a sketch from Mojo Monday to get me started.  The scalloped circle base was cut at 5" with my Cricut using the Easter 2010 cartridge.  On top of this I placed a circle cut from pink cardstock at 4 1/2", then a piece of patterned paper from DCWV Nursery stack for girls cut at 4 1/4".  I punched a pink lace edge with a MS punch and placed a strip from the Book Box set printed with I LIKE BOOKS phrases.  I changed the color of the words from black to dark pink using my computer and Word 2007.  Regina has instructions on The Cutting Cafe site on how to change the size and color of her digi stamps.  Then I printed out the circle sentiment which says, There's nothing like a good book.  I punched it out with a circle punch measuring 1 11/16", punched a pink cardstock circle at 1 1/2" for the center and then printed the Just for You from another new Cutting Cafe set called EVERYDAY 1 INCH GREETINGS.

Here is a side view of the box showing the depth.  It's the perfect size for a paperback but I'll be using it for picture book for my four year old granddaughter.  I have another box in the works that will have a Dr. Seuss theme.  My daughter-in-law's baby shower is coming up on March 19th and it's going to have a Dr. Seuss theme and everyone was asked to bring a book for the new baby.  I think mine will look so cute presented in a box.  After the shower the box can be used for baby keepsakes like the identification bracelet and birth announcement. 

3 comments:

Regina E said...

I don't know what to say....I REALLY DON'T it AMAZING, it is OUTSTANDING, it is ADORABLE...I AM SPEECHLESS

bumblebee creations said...

This is gorgeous!! I think Regina summed it up perfectly!

Maria said...

What a great gift idea! I LOVE this :)