Friday, March 11, 2011

Paper Cutz #82 Color Challenge

I was a little skeptical (okay, more than a little) when I got Mary's DT challenge for this week at Paper Cutz.  It's a color challenge using black, white, red, blue and yellow.  I saw those colors and thought, what the heck am I going to do with those colors.  I really had to put my thinking cap on since these aren't colors I would normally use together.  But then it just came to me...black and yellow...a bee.  I didn't have any stamp images of a bee (not unusual, I don't have that many stamps) so I looked at my Cricut cartridges and low and behold, my new Birthday Bash cartridge had a bee image on it.  I love polka dots so decided to use some polka dot papers I found in my scrap bin.  I started with white cardstock and made a standard A2 card, added a black mat, and a red polka dot mat.  I cut my bee at 3.5".  The sentiment came from the same cartridge.

3 comments:

bonnie said...

So cute Jeri....you did a fab job thinking of something to create with those colours! ;) hugs x

Stef H said...

oh this is just fabulous! what a sense of humor you have!

hugs :)

Carole Beath said...

Bonnie, I love polka dots as well and I am a bee crazy fan. This card is just as darling as can beeeeee.
Hugs
Carole