Friday, March 18, 2011

Paper Cutz Anything Goes

This week at Paper Cutz Challenge Mary told the DT it's anything goes.  Thank goodness because I have plenty of scrapbook pages to use.   If you follow my blog at all, you know that I've been working on a Dr. Seuss scrapbook for my 9th grandchild.  My daughter-in-law's baby shower is this weekend and I have to say I'll be glad to move all the Dr. Seuss shower favors, decorations and scrapbook out of my house.  I've been working on them for months now.  I had a great time designing them all but I most enjoyed the scrapbook.  It was certainly a labor of love and I can't wait to get my son and daughter-in-law's reaction.  This is the layout I made to document baby's first steps.  I did the entire album in red, white and turquoise to keep a uniform feeling throughout.  I used my Cricut Expression, Imagine and SCAL to design this double page layout and titled it First Steps.
I started this layout with turquoise cardstock then used my Imagine to cut the white cardstock shape from the Best Friends cartridge.  I centered a 6" strip of red polka dot paper and added two turquoise mats with a Dr. Seuss quote in the middle on each page. I printed the quotes with my computer using a Dr. Seuss font. On the top and bottom edge of the polka dot paper I added a gingham checked ribbon that I knotted in the middle.

The banner was cut with my Imagine and the Imagine More cartridge.  The original banner on that cartridge has multi-colored flags but using the printing feature of the Imagine I was able to change all the flags to print in red.  I added polka dot paper onto the flags then used my SCAL to cut the letters from the Dr. Seuss font that I found on the internet.  I added gingham bows to the ends of the banner.  The last piece of this design was cutting the footprints.  I used the B is for Boys cartridge. 

I put a lot of research into this album to find all the Dr. Seuss quotes.  One day I went to the children's side of our local library and checked out a stack of Dr. Seuss books.  That filled in the gaps to go with all the Dr. Seuss books I still have from when my children were small.  I discovered that Dr. Seuss said a lot of cool stuff that could translate to adults.  Isn't it true that life is a great balancing act for all of us?

2 comments:

Stef H said...

tho i personally am not a fan of dr. seuss.... this is GENIUS! what a fabulous book. you can adopt me anytime - lol.

hugs :)

Kristie W. said...

What cute pages! I love Anything Goes weeks too!