Monday, March 14, 2011

BBTB2 Easter Chick


Happy Monday!  Isn't it so nice to have started Daylight Savings Time and know it's going to be staying light later in the day?  I know it's just an illusion but it makes me feel like I'm getting closer to warmer weather.  I'm also elated that it will officially be Spring in a few more days.  That's why I was so excited when our DT sister, the ever so sweet and talented Penny, chose a nice Spring cut for us to work with this week.  Penny chose the little chick from the Easter 2010 cartridge.  Just precious as can be!  I've got a few Easter cards that I wanted to finish up so, of course, I went with an Easter theme.  All my papers I used are from my scrap bin.  My little chick is flipped, as you may notice, if you have the cartridge, and cut at 3".  Remember, if you want to play along with the challenge and you don't have this cartridge you can use a chick or duck from any other Cricut cartridge.  I wanted to put an Easter bonnet on my little chick so I used a hat from the Freshly Picked cartridge.  I found that cutting it at one inch was the perfect size to fit on the chick.  I also tied a little bow around her neck.  My scalloped frame was cut from Just Because Cards.  It's found on page 45 and I cut it at 3".  My sentiment is computer generated.  The eggs are cut from scraps at 1.5". 

6 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Just darling, Jeri! Love the patterns and colors you used! Waht a perfect Easter card! xxD

shelly said...

jeri that chick is soooo adorable..look at that sweet lil bonnet! oh i gotta find me that cart if not just for that lol. love the paper you used on your chickie too :) hugs chickie :)

Georgiana said...

Adorable and that bonnet is just precious.

Georgiana

**Treefrog** said...

Oh so Cute Jeri, love the colors and that little bonnet is just too too Cute, I may have to add one to my little chicks, Thanks for the Idea!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Maria said...

I love the little hat you gave your chick and the checked body. Just adorable :)

A Little Time said...

Awwwww, this is so sweet!! I love the eggs in the scalloped frame and the hat on the cute little chick.