Today is Dr. Seuss's birthday and we're celebrating at Cricut Cardz Challenge. It's also Read Across America week and in many school's they are celebrating Reading Month. As a retired educator, this is a cause dear to my heart and I remember fondly many of our Reading Month activities. This week's challenge at Cricut Cardz is to make a bookmark incorporating any Cricut cartridge and using any colors. I used the bookmark feature from the Animal Kingdom cartridge and some clip art of Dr. Seuss that I found online. Some of you may know that I have been working on a scrapbook for my ninth grandchild (a boy) that is due in May. My son and dauther-in-law are doing the baby's nursery in a Dr. Seuss theme. I have posted some of the pages from the scrapbook here on my blog. I've been working on making shower favors for the baby shower on March 19th. So I've had lots of exposure to Dr. Seuss lately.
I designed a little pocket on the front of the card for the bookmark to slip into. The colors I used here are the colors from the Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat book. The red polka dot paper is from October Afternoon. This card measures 6 1/2 x 5" and I used white cardstock for the base. I topped it with a turquoise mat cut at 4 3/4 x 6 1/4" and a polka dot mat at 4 1/2 x 6". The pocket for the bookmark is a piece of turquoise cut at 5 1/2 x 2 1/4" and polka dot cut at 2 x 5 1/4". The bookmark is cut at 5" width. (It cuts sideways on the mat). I placed another Dr. Seuss image on the bookmark and topped it with a big red button for easy grabbing. The quote on the front is from Dr. Seuss' book The Places You'll Go. I used my computer to type it up with a Dr. Seuss font I downloaded from the Internet. It was a free font and I've used it a ton in my scrapbook for the baby with my SCAL software to make titles for the pages. If you'd like to see some of my Dr. Seuss scrapbook pages they are here, here and here. You can look at my baby shower favors here. I hope you can join Cricut Cardz this week and make your own bookmark. Thanks for looking in today.
3 comments:
This card is amazing!! Love the matching bookmarker!! Great job on this weeks challenge! Hugs, Anita
Great take on this week's challenge. Love that you used Dr. Seuss papers!
WOW! You went above and beyond with a card to go along with the bookmark. What a great tribute to Dr. Seuss!
Connie DT2
Post a Comment