Friday, February 25, 2011

The Cutting Cafe Baby Shower Favor

It's so nice to work on a project with real substance to it.  This is the first of 65 pillow box favors I'll be making for my son and daughter-in-law's baby shower.  Thanks to Regina at The Cutting Cafe this project just became a whole lot easier.  I used two sets from The Cutting Cafe--Assorted Pillow Boxes (SVG file) and a brand new set of customized BABY SHOWER CIRCLES PRINTABLE  STAMPS.  Regina recently came out with the fabulous Baby Shower Thank You Set after doing a baby shower herself.  I mentioned to her that if she had a set that was blank in the middle, people could customize them for their own themes and colors.  She thought it was a fabulous idea and my creation was born.  (No Pun Intended).  I'm sure you can tell the theme of my shower favors is Dr. Seuss.  I used SCAL to cut the pillow box svg file on my Cricut.  It's cut at a width of 5" that allowed me to get four on a sheet of 12 x 12" paper.  The red polka dot paper is from October Afternoon.  As you can see, I was able to give Regina my daughter-in-law's name to personalize the sentiment circle.  The center of the circle is perfect for a one inch circle punch.  This is one way you can bring the color theme into the project.  I punched a blue circle and then topped it with a Dr. Seuss sticker.  I was able to order a big stack of Dr. Seuss stickers from Seussland.  Now I need to go and make some more.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

So cute!! Love it:)

Shelley said...

These are awesome!!!! They are just great!!

I wanted to give you an award! The Stylish Blogger Award!!

My instructions were to give it to 8 newly discovered bloggers so here ya go! Just look back at my blog for the instructions and simply copy and paste it to your site and pass it on!

Always enjoy seeing your creations!

Shelley
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com
shelleymace21@gmail.com