Monday, February 7, 2011
BBTB2 Bloom Cartridge Challenge
Happy Monday to you all. This week's challenge at BBTB2 was chosen by our extremely talented Design Team member Theresa. She asked us to use the fence/gate from the Bloom Cricut Lite cartridge. I don't have this cartridge, but as always, we can choose another cartridge with a similar cut. I recently picked up a discounted Freshly Picked cartridge and it had a great gate cut on it. I decided to make a shaped card using my Gypsy. I welded the shadow cut to make the card base and cut it at 4 inches. I made a single cut of the gate shadow from a light gray cardstock for the front of the card and then cut the top layer in white. This gate cut had the cute little flower vine and I did some layering with it for dimension. I cut the vine from green cardstock twice and the flower is cut with three layers, two of them cut at 4" and the top flower layer is 3" with a pink rhinestone in the center. I added a little grass at the base of the gate that I cut from the new Wrap It Up cartridge. My Happy Spring sentiment is a Stampendous stamp. It seems that so many are looking forward to Spring, especially those of us buried in snow. It is no secret that I hate winter, so at this point I'm keeping my focus on the joys of my favorite season. I love to see the leaves appear on the trees and the grass turn from ugly brown to green, the first flowers breaking through the dirt. I can hardly wait. In the meantime I'll keep trying to bring the season into my designs. I'm going to share my Spring card over at My Pink Stamper. Robyn has a challenge going that is perfect for my card.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Jeri
I absolutely adore this card its so girlie, the colors and everything about it is perfect...
HUGS
Penny
This is an absolutely perfect card to honor our Fence Challenge.I love every single detail.
Hugs
Carole
Jeri-
This looks SO clean and Freshly Picked :) It just says Spring!!! I love it!
Maria
PS: Thanks for the "Heads-Up" on my forgetfulness with my name :)
Jeri,
This is clean and fresh and perfect..makes me want to work in my garden...I really love the realistic feel..WOW!
Krista
Oh Jeri I LOVE this! It is so "Fresh" lol! Great colors, yes I'm ready for spring! Isn't that the cutest cartridge! I just picked it up also (love those little gnomes, he he) I'm lovin all the fences/gates that everyone came up with this week, so fun!
((Hugs)) Theresa
Jeri this is just the prettiest card,Ilove the fresh spring colours, such a gorgeous design.Love it!
Hugs
Juliexx
Gorgeous, Jeri! LOVE your card and the details are amazing! it just creams Spring! xxD
my goodness! how do you come up with these beauties???? i LOVE this one! wow!
palm trees are my favorite tree and no, they do not grow in illinois so i created one - go figure!
hugs :)
This card is just adorable. Love the shaped cards and the fence and flowers just say SPRING in a big way
Thanks
just beautiful! tfs! Dina
Your card is so beautiful! I love everything you did to it...it's perfect! TFS
Oh, goodness this is pretty! I really like the vine and all the dimension you added to it. Wow!
I love it! So cute. I'm definitely looking forward to Spring, as well!
Post a Comment