Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cricut Cardz Challenge #62

When it gets to be this time of year in Michigan you could use some cheering up.  At least, I could.  I'm soooo not a fan of winter.  It's so cold and dreary.  When I chose this week's challenge for the Cricut Cardz Design Team #1, it was thinking about this time of year that made me choose the theme A Cup of Cheer.  For this week's challenge we had to use any cup image from any Cricut cartridge.  My cup came from Joys of the Season.  As you can see I made a shaped card (using my Gypsy).  My patterned paper is from the Graphic 45 Domestic Goddess collection.  I thought it looked like a pattern you might find on dishes.  Inside is a hidden surprise, this is actually a gift card holder.  Since this cut has a built in cut out it was the perfect size for a slot to slip a gift card into. As you can see in the photo below.
I made the inside cut from Bazzill Basics dotted paper (my favorite cardstock).  The sentiment is from the Winter Frolic cartridge.  It's cut at 2.5".  I added a gift card for a coffee shop.  I'm really happy with the way this little project turned out.  Sometimes when you invision a design it just doesn't work when you translate it to paper. But, I think this turned out just perfect and exactly like I invisioned, for a change. LOL  Thanks for stopping by today and I hope I've inspired you to come up with your own creation for the challenge.  Though it doesn't show well in the first photo, there is a cute little present charm hanging from the red ribbon I tied around the card. This is a gift for one of my aunts.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Very festive card Jeri! You're doing a great job creating our challenges :)
Jennifer DT#1

Faith Abigail Designs said...

This is adorable! What a great gift card holder.

The card boutique said...

really nice, love the colors, thanks for stopping by my blog the card boutique and leaving such nice comment!

Stef H said...

oh i would love to join you in a cuppa anything!!! this is fabulous. i hope one of my carts has a cup.... i may just play in this one!!!

i love yesterday's card too. oh heck, i LOVE everything you do. it's always so fabulous!

no snow in the forecast, but lots of rain. if it's not one thing it's another! i don't remember weather being like this when i was a kid???? boy how things change - lol.

hugs & smiles, my friend.

Karen Aicken said...

I really like how you make this in to a gift card holder. So clever and creative! TFS
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking,dotcom