Sunday, February 20, 2011
Simple Square Flower Card
Creative Craft World is having a challenge for a square card, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I don't make them very often anymore because I'm too cheap to pay the extra postage for them. I wanted to try out my new Stampin' Up stamp set I got, my first one ever. I went to a Stampin' Up demo a few weeks ago and got a set of stamps free after spending $50 on gorgeous ribbon. I don't buy very many stamps because I have a hard time justifying the cost and I don't really have space to store them. I prefer to work with digi stamps that I can store on my computer. Anyway, I used my Cricut Graphically Speaking cartridge to cut out this flower from a scrap of blue cardstock and a scrap of print paper. I used the stamp on the center. The card is a 5" square cut from white cardstock with a blue mat and a yellow mat under the flower. I stitched on the yellow cardstock and then zigzag stitched the white trim onto it. Pop dots on the flower center of blue and the stamped circle for a little dimension. Just a quick and simple card.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I think your card is adorable and would never have called it simple!! It's amazing the different perspectives we have when it comes to our work. You used REAL STITCHES!!!
I love the lace. Thanks for taking part in the Creative Craft World Challenge.
This card is just adorable...love it.
hugs,jen
jennyscards.blogspot.com
Simple but beautiful! I love that you popped up the sentiment.
A very pretty card, especially the lace to the side. Thank you for taking up our challenge at Creative Craft World.
Sue x
Beautiful card.
Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft World for my 'use a square card' challenge.
Choccy x
Post a Comment