Friday, February 4, 2011

Paper Cutz Challenge #77

Now here's a challenge for you!  Mary asked the Paper Cutz Design Team to make a Valentine's card with NO HEARTS.  Gasp and shudder...can you believe it?  When I was making another Valentine's card I came across this cut on the Cricut Sweethearts cartridge.  I thought it was just adorable and perfect for this challenge.  I started out with white for the base card which is 6.5 x 5".  I added a layer of black cardstock cut at 6.25 x 4.75" and then a light blue dp scrap cut at 6 x 4.5".  I wanted to have lots of layers on this card so I cut each piece of the monkey two times at 2.5".  I did decide not to layer the lettering because it was too small, but I did layer the number 4.  The shadow layer is black cardstock, the leaves are cut with a scrap of Heidi Grace, all the other layers are cut from a matstack called Mirabelle that I got from Hobby Lobby.  I thought the monkey needed a banana (since he couldn't have a heart) and I cut that from the Create A Critter cartridge.  I just love the way this card turned out.  Sad thing is I have no one to give it to at the moment.  I've made so many Valentine cards this year already that I don't need another one.  So I'll save this and maybe give it to my husband for our anniversary.  It will be fun to see the entries for this challenge so I hope you can join us with your take on a Valentine card with no heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very CUTE!!!! :-)