Monday, February 28, 2011

BBTB2 Birdhouse/Birdcage Challenge and Monthly Blog Hop


Another month gone...can you believe it?  It's the last Monday of the month so time for our monthly blog hop at BBTB2.  You should have arrived here from Maria's blog.  If not you'll want to start at the beginning on the BBTB2 blog here.  Our assignment this week was to use a birdcage or birdhouse.  I haven't used my French Manor cartridge very much so that's where I got my birdcage cut.  It's cut at 4" from brown cardstock and the dp is Heidi Grace.  My base card is A2 size cut from kraft cardstock.  I used a doily behind my birdcage because I like the intricate lacy look.  The strip of pink cardstock is punched with a Fiskar's punch.  Hello is cut (at 1") from my new Cindy Loo cartridge that I found on discount at a local store.  I made a ribbon rose to embellish the top of the birdcage then added some doodling with a white 3-D Sakura gel pen and a MS marker in Sepia. 

If my bird card doesn't get you in the mood for Spring, perhaps my blog candy will.  I've got an assortment of Spring embellishments and some pastel colored paper up for grabs.  Make sure you're a follower and leave a comment to be entered into the drawing.  I will draw my winner on Saturday, March 5th. 

Now you'll want to head over to Lori's blog.  Wait until you see her design.  It's super fantastic.  Have fun hopping, have a great week and thanks for stopping by.

26 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

OOOh, what yummy colors! Gorgeous cage and I love the lacy doily behind. Beautiful card, girlfriend! xxD

Maria said...

LOVE, LOVE this! For sure makes me in the mood for spring! The addition of the doily is a perfect touch :)

littlen said...

Very cute card. I need to look through my carts to see if any have birdcages.

Lisa Norris said...

What a pretty card...makes me think of ice cream--lol!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com
lnorris21 at hotmail dot com

4kids4 said...

So pretty...lovely colors...the ribbon rose and the doily are such perfect touches! TFS!

~Sharon C.

scrappin2babygirls said...

I love your card its so elegant and pretty! thanks for sharing!! :)
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the colors.

username at yahoo dot com

VeronicaA said...

The doily on your card really helps to make the birdcage and the bird stand out. Beautifully done. Thanks for sharing and the opportunity to win.
Veronica
vballen at comcast dot net

Vickie_M said...

As I look out at snow which has been falling for hours, I am more than ready for spring. Love your card. Really love the doily, it adds such a pretty touch.

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Jeri I absolutely LOVE this card! It's Beautiful, great colors and love the doily, gives it a vintage feel to it and love, love, love those feathers! Actually the colors go great with your blog design, I really love it!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Kamiehoo said...

This card is so beautiful! Love, love, love it!!!
Kamie

GiuliaG. said...

Jeri, what a pretty card....so elegant!

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Jeri,
This is so sweet and lovely..Great job..Krista

Carole Beath said...

So sweet..... I love that doily too.
Carole

LesleyfromWI said...

Gorgeous as is the colors.

Vicky said...

soo pretty love it I like the colors you picked, great idea on how you used the doily.

Scrapper69 said...

Such a pretty card! I love the colors and the lace doily and the birdcage... Well I Guess I like everything about it! tehehehe :o)
Theresa

cardchick's world said...

so pretty and graceful lookin....luv the color combo too..
cardchick50 atgmail dotcom

A Little Time said...

Oh, yeah! This certainly puts me in the mood for spring! This is gorgeous!! Love the pink and brown color scheme.

Lori1brat said...

Jeri this is so dainty and feminine ... I love your soft colors and I love that stylish birdcage. Beautifully done !!!! Hugs - Lori

Cherished Treasures said...

I am new to cardmaking and scrapping. I would love to be the winner of all you wonderful goodies !!! Please enter my name in the drawing. Love your Blog !!! Best wishes, Carol

Cyndi S said...

I just love your card. I love to use pink and brown together.
cstephenson@q.com

sucor said...

Gorgeous card! I love the color combo! The doily and the rose are perfect touches!
sucor_2 at hotmail.com

Glenda Joy said...

Love the colrscand the pretty sentiment, too!

DIANA L. said...

WHAT A pretty CARD. LOVE THE colors! Thanks for sharing

http://www.dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

gocanucksgo said...

Wow, this is such a gorgeous card! Love the doily in the back and how you shot your photo. Keep up the great work =)