Friday, February 11, 2011

Paper Cutz Challenge #78



It's another Friday challenge at Paper Cutz.  This week Mary asked the DT to make a project, card or layout using  ladybugs, bees, or butterflies.  I found the ladybug on the Cricut Create A Critter cartridge (Pg. 66) to be exactly what I needed to make a LO of my granddaughter with one of her favorite books called You're My Little Love Bug.  This is really a sweet book that I bought for Payton for Valentine's Day when she was two.  When you open it up it plays a catchy little tune.  Payton was addicted to the book for awhile and made me read it over and over.  I picked my colors for this LO right from the book and using Payton's two favorite colors pink and purple.  The background stripe came from a paper pack I bought years ago from Current before they had their scrapbooking division.  I also used a 12" decorative edge circle that I cut in half to use on each page and it's from Deja Views.  On the straight edge of the half circle I added some zigzag stitching with my sewing machine.  I cut the title using Cricut's Lyrical letters font which matched really well with the title font on the book.  The Love Bug part of the title is found on the same page of the manual as the ladybug.  Of course, I had to make my ladybugs with pink and purple.  I used my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder to emboss the ladybug's face and wings.

For the right hand page I printed out the words of the book into a strip for the right hand edge using my computer and printed it in purple ink to go with the layout.  I took a picture of the book to add to this page.  Then I cut a butterfly and the flowers from Create A Critter.  They're on page 69.  I cut the flowers at 4" and the butterfly at 2".  It wouldn't be a page for Payton if I didn't include some glitter, which she just loves.  I used pink and purple glitter on the wings of the butterfly and the tulips then used Stickles for the body of the butterfly and the stems of the flowers.

No comments: