Monday, February 21, 2011
BBTB2 A Child's Year Fishing Boy
Happy Monday! It's a new week and a new challenge at BBTB2. Design Team member extraordinaire Miss Shelly picked our challenge this week and asked us to use the Fishing Boy from A Child's Year cartridge. I had some fishing pictures that I wanted to scrap of my grandkids that I just came across the other day. So I put them aside just for this challenge. The funny part is, I finished my LO and went to get the pics and couldn't find them. So much for keeping them in a safe place until I need them. I guess I should write down where that safe place is so I don't forget. I know there here somewhere!!! I used a few cuts from the Camp Out cartridge to make this little scene. The cabin is cut at 4", the trees at 4", the frames for my photos at 5" and the water for the fishing hole at 2". The cuts I used from the Child's Year cartridge are the grass (cut at 2"), the fish (cut at 1") and the boys are cut at 4". I used the flip function key to get the boys facing in the opposite direction. My title was cut from the Old West cartridge at 2". I used this title because that is what my grandson was screaming when he caught the fish. Now I do have to tell you that the fish I cut at 1" isn't much smaller than the fish my grandson caught. It looked more like a minnow, but he was excited. I'm excited to see what kind of design's our players can come up with for this cut. If I hadn't had those fishing pictures I'm not sure what I would have come up with. It would have been a real "challenge".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
This is wonderful! Love it
Jeri, this is just wonderful. I have some great fishing pictures but they are long ago scrapbooked. I have so many new ideas for scrapbooking for photos that I have already done. Long ago in my land of being married we used to go fishing and we always took our black German Shep dog, Noodles (grin)... when we could catch a fish and start to reel it in, he would leap from the dock to grab it. Silly dog.
Love your take on the challenge.
Carole
Jeri--this is a fabulous layout!!! I would have never thought to use Old West for it--it works perfect!! Love the photo mats, the flipped boy, everything! Perfect! Your photos are probably with the millions of things I loose on a daily basis, LOL!
Maria :)
LOVE this Jeri! I wanna go there! Fabulous take on the challenge! xxD
super super job with your layout. love all the detail
Oh, I love it! I love how you have two boys sitting around a pond. I also love the rustic look to the page. Great job with the challenge!
Love all the details you included on this layout! And that's too funny about the "minnow" :-)
Post a Comment