I needed a really quick card for a friend today. Not long ago I went through some of my scraps and picked out a few of the nicer designer papers that were big enough to be mats for cards and cut a bunch of them to have on hand. I always have base cards made and handy. So today I was able to grab the elements to this card fast and just put them together.
Here is my supply list:
- A2 base card from white cardstock
- Black mat (4 1/8" x 5 3/8")
- Design paper mat (4" x 5 1/4")
- White cardstock punched strip (2" x 5 1/4")-Fiskars scallop punch
- Black cardstock flourish (cut from Cricut Cindy Loo cartridge @ 2")
- Hampton Art sentiment stamp
- White cardstock (2 1/4" x 3") for sentiment
- Black mat for sentiment (2" x 2 3/4")
- Cuttlebug-Divine Swirls Embossing folder
- Pop Dots
Having all the pre-cut pieces ready to go helped me put this card together in under five minutes. All I had to do was emboss the pre-punched white strip, stamp and mat the sentiment and adhere all the pieces. This worked so well I'll go through some more of my scraps to cut some more mats. From now on I'll look at my scraps differently, too.
3 comments:
i love this one! that black swirl just pops it! wowza!
hugs :)
Love your card. I have an award for you on my blog.
http://pixiperfectcreations.blogspot.com/
What a great idea! I'll have to try that. If nothing else, it will help me get my scraps more organized.
This is a beautiful card! It definitely does not look like it was put together in five minutes. I spent all afternoon playing around with my embossing folders and falling back in love with them. It always adds such a nice touch.
Post a Comment