Our hostess this week at BBTB2 is our fearless co-leader Donna. She asked us to create a project with a Monogram. I used Cindy Loo for my monogram. I just love the font on that cartridge. I rarely make a project for myself but I decided to treat myself with a pretty little altered composition book. I carry one of these notebooks with me all the time to jot down design ideas or sketches for layouts. I used my Basic Grey Utopia paper pad for coordinating papers and punch outs. I started by covering the notebook with purple cardstock. I added a punched border piece of white cardstock around the binding of the notebook. The flowered border is a punch out from the paper pad as well as the printed oval that I placed my monogram on. The word dream is cut from the Designer's Calendar cartridge. I'll also be entering this project in the Fantabulous Cricut challenge this week to use the colors of the blog-blue, green and turquoise.
I hope you can join the BBTB2 challenge this week. You can use any cartridge you'd like for your monogram, but please make sure it's a new creation for this challenge. Also, please remember that if you'd like the Design Team to leave a comment on your blog regarding your challenge entry we ask that you turn off word verification from your blog.
9 comments:
Pretty altered composition book. It makes it much more fun to carry around a lovely note book for jotting down your ideas.
~tami
scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com
This is so pretty I really like the image you used and the colors are very nice
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/
Very pretty and a great idea for a gift. Who wouldn't love a handmade notebook? I also love the colors you chose. Great job.
These colors and monogram are so soft and pretty! Who wouldn't want to use this lovely notebook:)
Annette
mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com
Oh my, Jeri, such a pretty monogram project. It always pleases me when I see one of those black and white comp books is taken from it's boredom and made into something like you've created. The Dollar Stores sees me coming and they know I am going to have a handful of the Comp books to play around with. You and I have a great admiration for the letterings on Cindy Loo.
Hugs
Carole
WOW, Jeri! Such gorgeous colors! Love your project. Now I wanna make one. xxD
I think the "dream" sentiment goes perfectly with the purple and turquoise. So pretty!
Beautiful card and love the color combo-great look! Thanks for joining us in the challenge at FCCB!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
What a beautiful book! I love those flowers! Thanks for joining us at FCCB!
Post a Comment