Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Cricut Cardz Challenge #102 A Stitch In Time
Happy Wednesday, Everyone! We made it to the middle of the week and it's time for a new challenge at Cricut Cardz on Cardz TV. This week Mary asked the DT to create a card using any cartridge and colors but we had to add some real or faux stitching. I would have loved to add some stitching with my sewing machine, but alas, it's one of the things I left in storage when we left Michigan in our RV. I'm going to remedy that come Spring when we head back to Michigan for the summer. I'm so happy with how my card turned out. I just love it. I wanted to go with a whole sewing theme to go with my faux stitching so I designed this cute little card of buttons to take center stage. The idea came to me when I was looking through my 6 x 6" card stacks and found this adorable button paper in My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky stack. It was the perfect background paper. After starting my card with a white cardstock base I added a green mat and then the button paper. I used coordinating papers from the same stack and cute two rectangles with pinked edges from the Elegant Edges cartridge. I added some faux stitching to each piece then added them to the card. For my card of buttons I started with a rectangle cut from the Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge. I put it through my printer to add the sentiment. Then I cut my buttons from the Paisley cartridge and added some pink and white twine from Doodlebug to the buttonholes. I cut my word "Buttons" from the Plantin' Schoolbook cartridge and added them to the top of the button card and embellished it with a coordinating strip of green paper and some more pink and white twine. I added some faux stitching to it for the finishing touch. Please join our Stitch In Time challenge this week at Cricut Cardz on Cardz TV. Stitch away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Love this, it's so clean cut, great job Jeri!
What an ADORABLE Card Jeri! I LOVE the color combo and those buttons with twine are way to cute! Wonderful Card for this weeks Challenge! :o)
Theresa (CCC DT Sister)
www.miislucky.blogspot.com
cute cute cute, looks retro, I love the look. Hugs
Love how you made the little swatches and those buttons are fab. Great card.
This is sooooo cute!! Love everything about it!!
I so love your button card!!! What a fabulous idea!! :)
Post a Comment