Valentine's Day is right around the corner and the Cardz TV Stamps Design Team is hopping this weekend. We're highlighting Valentine projects using some of the different Cardz TV Stamp sets. I've used Mary's Sweet Talk stamp set. I love this set because it features individual words that can be combined into phrases. This is a little project that I put together to give my husband for Valentine's Day on Tuesday. Do you ever look at something you have and think that you could repurpose it. My little project started with a container I picked up at the grocery store on New Year's Eve. I wanted to make a romantic dinner for my husband and I that night so I picked up some steaks to grill. While I was in the meat section I passed by a display of shrimp cocktails placed into these cute containers. The shrimp were hanging around the center that was filled with cocktail sauce. I could not bring myself to throw the container away after our dinner because I thought it was so darn cute and I knew I could find some other purpose for it. So I washed it out and put it in a cupboard. A couple week's later I was shopping in a Walgreen's pharmacy and at the checkout counter there was a display of individual cupcakes for purchase. It hit me right away that I could take that cupcake and put it into that saved container and decorate it up for Valentine's Day. I purchased a red velvet cupcake because I thought it was the perfect color for a Valentine's treat. To decorate the plastic container I cut a heart border from my new Cricut Ribbons and Rosette's cartridge. I wrapped it around the cup portion where I was going to place the cupcake. I cut a tag from Tags, Bags, Boxes and more to stamp my sentiment on. I took the individual words from the stamp set and stamped the phrase You're my Cupcake onto the tag in warm red chalk ink. I added a ribbon and attached it to the container with a glue dot. Then I needed a card to go along with the treat. I used the Cricut Sweet Treats cartridge to make my card. Of course, what would be better than a cupcake card.
I made my base card from white cardstock, the cupcake bottom from red cardstock and the frosting from pink cardstock. I used the same sentiment but stamped it all the way across the frosting layer. I added some pink glitter to the frosting and some red glitter to the heart for a little sparkle. Almost looks good enough to eat, huh? I know you'd love the chance to win two sets (your choice) of Cardz TV Stamps so make sure you leave a comment on the Cardz TV blog. Of course, I'd appreciate it if you'd leave me some love here, too. Have fun hopping and have a sweet Valentine's Day.
78 comments:
Great job!
So cute! Love the cupcake!
Jeri, this card and cupcake holder is so cute! Thank you so much for being on the Cardz TV Design Team! You're the BEST!
Hugs,
Mary
So cute and yummy.
What a darling cupcake card!
Patti
It is all about repurposing
Pat
Plweir1969@yahoo.com
I totally understand that, I do it alllll the time, lol :) super cute card and I love that it all matches, very cute :) tfs
happy Valentine's Day
What a great card. I love the glitter you've added. TFS.
I love your recycled Valentine gift and the cute little card. Thanks for sharing,. ninadee@sbcglobal.net
Cute Cute! Love it. Im the same way dont want put thing in the trash if I can reuse it. tfs
I like the way you put all the elements together. It turned out yummy LOL.
marg0006@verizon.net
Hey great idea
how special would i feel when i get something as nice as what you just made. Love it.
It's so much fun to see how people re-purpose cool stuff they come across. I like to do that, too - my hubby says I'm the Mac Guyver of scrapbooking, LOL!
Great project - thanks for sharing it with us.
Biker Granny - Mary
maryhappypaws@gmail.com
Great card....and who doesn't like a cupcake they in themselves are fun...great job!!!
Love the cupcake!
marcia
melehtola@juno.com
What a great idea. Thanks for sharing
mimicaro9650@yahoo.com
Yummy cupcake!
http://lorisartsyobsession.blogspot.com/
What a great idea. Thanks for sharing
mimicaro9650@yahoo.com
I love this, will be casing this idea. Thanks for sharing.
so yummy cute. Love the bling on the heart. Karen
Super cute. TFS.
I love this idea of the cupcake container! The card is really "sweet" I love red velvet cake :) Thanks for the inspiration and for being on Mary's DT. This is my first blog hop that I have entered and I'm having a blast this Sat morning :)
I love recycled projects. Your hubby is going to love this! You are so creative and have a great imagination! Love the detail! I like this stamp set too!
Lynn
What a wonderful treat for your husband. So cool that you repurposed that container and your card is super cute.
That cupcake looks good enough to eat! :) Thanks for sharing and for the chance to win :)
Suzanne suzyq28024@gmail.com
Cupcake card is beautiful, so yummy looking as is the real cupcake!
You are making me hungry - red velvet is my fave!!!! Super clever idea. I love to see how people re-purpose things.
TFS and have great weekend!
Cathi
http://designsbycathi.blogspot.com/
Love this ideas..now I dont feel bad for saving yogurt cups!
Thanks for sharing this cute ideas!
love repurposing items, this is beautiful
http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com
lizabratt@comcast.net
What a great way to recycle and to give a great gift. Super job.
Great! Thanks for sharing.
maw1@windstream.net
Love the cupcake card! Great job!
Lots of Hugs,
Laura
That's a very cute card. Love how you used that container again!
Leslie
cascrapper at gmail dot com
So sweet, and the cupcake looks so yummy I want to eat it!! TFS,
Have a great day! Liz
This is so cute. :) I love your cupcake.
Very cute cupcake and card.
Anne :)
http://createacardbyanne.blogspot.com
very cute!
very fun combination. Love you found a way to recycle.
What a cute container. I love it. I am sure your hubby will too.
Gotta love cupcakes for valentines. Awesome idea. TFS...
Yummy yummy! What a cute container and gorgeous card!
www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com
america57@comcast.net
happy valentines day Jeri! i love your card very pretty!
marie
Your card is incredibly beautiful. I love it.
Hugs,
Patty
This is such a yummy card. I love the cut and the cupcake made my mouth water:)
Julie
Cricut Chick
I love cupcake cards!
mb6464@hotmail.com
marciasmemories.blogspot.com
I love your cupcake card! SO adorable! Thanks for sharing! lindagk23ataoldotcom
That is super cute! I love that you reused a container, and that you "encased" the cupcake in behind the heart border. That really made your cupcake card pop! dbonczek@comcast.net
I does look almost good enough to eat.
cathyplus5.blogspot.com
I love your recycled cup idea...you are so clever. The cupcake card is adorable!
Diana B
mogardener47 at gmail dot com
Darling project! Now I am craving a cupcake! Thank you for the fun blog hop! Happy Valentine's Day!
www.suzanneroseberrydesign.blogspot.com
zannierose@earthlink.net
yummmo. both the card and cuppy cake look delish.
craftingwithblue at gmail dot com
How fantastic! The cupcakes looks delicious, and so does your card! ;)
Paula Bee
pbeeman02@gmail.com
http://craftwithbee.blogspot.com/
what a great idea, that's adorable..mmm cupcakes!
Sweet cupcake design. Very creative. New follower here. :)
perfect sentiment - perfect card!
I love your little gift container for the cupcake and how you decorated it, it's so beautiful you would never guess it came with Shrimp cocktail in it and your card is adorable!! Thanks so much for sharing.
http://racincrafts.blogspot.com/ or
racincrafts at aim dot com
This is beautiful! I love the use of glitter! lclass003atgmaildotcom
Beautiful!
Debbie
myztique@aol.com
Very cute! I love those cupcakes!
mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com
cbarwick@comcast.net
Gotta love cupcakes!!!
Very pretty card.
Heather - hskeet@telus.net
Cute projects! Love cupcakes -- now you're making me hungry.
Very cute card.
This is fantastic Jeri!!! What a fabulous idea!! Now, I would have just thrown the empty container away!! I love it! Awesomeness for sure!!!! :)
OH Goodness, that pink glitter looks JUST like sugar! It reminds me of the cuppycake song!
This is so awesome, thanks so much for sharing!
Great idea - and love the matching card. I'm with you - would have HAD to keep the container. :) Glad you found such a great use for it. Thanks for sharing.
Fabulous and creative ways to use your cricut and Mary's sentiment!!!
Thank you for bringing your creativity to the blog!!
naomi
Super sweet!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com
LOVE this yummy little cupcake card! Also love to see you recycle a container to hold a giftie!
Awwww...I love it! So super sweet! TFS!
Leslie
Very cute. Makes me want a cupcake. <3 your DT sister
So yummy!!! Such a pretty card!!! Love your story too! TFS
hugs,
joni
Awesome idea! Yummy!!
I like the idea of recycling containers. Great job!
This is a brilliant idea and sooo perfect for showcasing a cupcake. Smooches... Felicia
Beautiful cutouts that lend texture :)
love how you used your sentiment in two different ways:-) esp.love the glitter on the frosting!!
Post a Comment