
I haven't posted a card in awhile. My husband has recuperated from last month's surgery enough for us to finally get out of the house and do some things, so we have been spending some quality time together. As a result, I haven't spent much time in the craft room, but have really enjoyed time with my husband. Today he took me to Archiver's for some supplies. He's such a good guy dragging me hither and yon since I can't drive due to my vision issues. So I had a great time scooping up a few new papers and embellishments. I thought I would get some cards done when we got home but he wanted to build a fire in the fireplace and play a game, so we did that instead. After a couple hours of games I told him I really needed to spend a little time getting some posts up. I used this week's 2 Sketches 4 You sketch for this card. My base card is kraft cardstock, my DP is My Mind's Eye. I used my Moroccan Screen Cuttlebug folder to emboss the strip behind the doily. I distressed the doily using green and brown chalk ink and added a happy birthday stamp from Inkadinkado and embellished with a few buttons.
3 comments:
Beautiful Jeri! You should enter it in The Cuttlebug Spot challenge for this last week. Sure looks vintage to me. xxD
Pretty card Jeri..love the doily!!! Happy to hear that your dh is feeling better and that you can get out again (love Archiver's...wish there was one close by!)
Hugs,
Terry
Very pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at The Cuttlebug Spot!
Post a Comment