
Our wonderful designer Shelly picked the Garden 2 cut for our BBTB2 challenge this week. This must be her attempt to make us all think a little harder about Spring. It got me to the store to look for a packet of flower seeds and that's when I finally thought maybe this winter would soon be over. Technically, we have only 13 days until the first day of Spring. My husband checked the weather on his computer this morning and yelled from his room that it was supposed to be in the 50s for the next six days. How great is that? Pretty great when you live in Michigan. For the last four days I have been listening to some returning birds singing outside my craft room window. The morning doves have returned, that means the robin's are not far behind. That is when I really feel like Spring has come. That first robin I see is always a big deal to me. I wanted to do something a little different than a card so I made this envelope to hold a seed packet using the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More cartridge. I also used the Mini Monograms cartridge to cut the scalloped circle that I attached to the seed packet. The Plant Happiness circle was cut from a piece of Designer Paper from Creative Imaginations.

I really didn't want to do the normal or expected silhouette cut and wanted to do something different. So I went with paper piecing. That meant cutting this out of many different papers but since I have an abundance of scraps overflowing in heaps, I thought it would be a good opportunity to use some of them. My background paper is DCWV green stack. My tag packet 2 is on page 113 of the Tags, Bags, Boxes and more booklet and I cut it at 6". My scalloped circle from the Mini Monograms cartridge is cut at 4 inches from kraft cardstock.
I added some Stickles to sparkle up the flowers. Don't those tulips look so Springy? I sprinkled a few punched butterflies around. The bird is part of the paper but I used a little Stickle dot on his eye and some Sakura 3-D Glaze ink around the birds wing. The flower is Prima and I added a little jute ribbon to the packet. I've decided to make a few more of these little seed packets up to give to friends and family to help them think Spring, too.
12 comments:
Wonderful - I have never pieced my ACY cuts... you did a great job!
I'll be playing - but probably keeping to the silhouette.
Jeri, this is darling! Love all of the details you put into this cut. Where in MI are you? Both DH and I are MSU alums and his mom still lives in Muskegon (half the year). xxD
Jeri,
This rocks...I love everything about it....You really outdid yourself on this challenge..Makes me smile....I am in the same boat you r for weather..(wink)...Krista
wow! this is absolutely fabulous! and all that paper piecing is definitely fantastic. super lovely card!
Jeri, this is precious...and there are indeed a lot of extra little cuts to make it happen. You made it happen wonderfully. I love it.
Hugs.
Carole
WOW...the detail on this is amazing, Jeri! I love your color choice and all the stickle bling :)
Hugs
Marina
I love the way you painted the image. This is beautiful and fancy!!!
This is great...I love the way you did the girl in all the different color...I will have to try that!
you did a great job on adding color to ACY!
Carol<><
you ladies rock, there is nothing i can say but, wow, it says it all.
chriswooten57
mcwooten1999@carolina.rr.com
What a great idea Jeri...and love all the extra touches you added!!!
I have something for you on my blog...hope you'll get a chance to visit!
Hugs,
Terry
This is gorgeous! I love the idea of an envelope to hold a seed packet. I also really like how you added color to the ACY cut.
Post a Comment