
I absolutely could not get good pictures of this card which is unfortunate, because it is really pretty in person. The sketch at
Card Positioning System is a tall card which was perfect for what I wanted to accomplish with this card. When I saw the colors this week at
Kelly Jo's Stamp Pad (black, kraft and blue) I knew exactly what paper I was going to use because I've been saving it for this card. Then I found out the challenge at
The Corrosive Challenge is for an Asian card also. My image for this card is from the new Asian Cuttlebag pack. When I first saw this particular folder I thought, what in the world am I going to do with this. But then I remembered my Japanese friend that I met through my aunt. I knew I could use it to make a special card for her. I embossed the kraft paper then using an Iridescent Medium and watercolors mixed together I hand painted all the embossing lines. You can't see the irredescent quality in this picture but it is there.

I used my Cricut Pagoda cartridge to cut the Kanji word. This is the symbol for friend. I added a simple ribbon bow with a fancy button in the center that I recycled off an old sweater for embellishment. I know Niecy is just going to love this card. She is so proud of her Japanese heritage and culture and I think she'll be touched by my efforts to honor them, too.
9 comments:
Beautiful card.
I so love your card! This is my first visit to your blog and I will be back.
Linda
www.paperboutique.blogspot.com
I know your friend will love this, it's very stunning,you did a phenomenal job, coloring on top of those embossed lines takes a steady hand.
I am sure she will love it, I love what you did with the folder. Take care, ~Diane
Wow, that is just beautiful, Jeri! Really great job on the coloring. xxD
Love this! It's so beautiful- great job with the challenge & the colors! THanks so much for playing along in the color chef challenge!
This is my first look, and I have become a follower! I love your work. this card is beautiful!
I love oriental cards and yours is Awesome!
Thank you for sharing!
Happy crafting!
Julie
Love this! Where did you get that paper? Gorgeous! I just did several Asian cards and would have loved that paper!
Post a Comment