It's Wednesday and that means it's time for a new Cricut Cardz Challenge. This week's challenge is to make a child's birthday card using any cartridge and colors. I chose to make a shaped card this week. I used the truck from Mickey and Friends on page 125 of the manual. You may think that I made this card using Design Studio or my Gypsy, but I didn't. I wanted everyone to know that even if you don't have these two wonderful additions to your Cricut machine you can still make a shaped card by doing it the old fashioned way. Yes it might take a few minutes more, but the results are the same. The first thing I did was cut a pattern for my card by cutting the truck at 4 3/4" from a piece of inexpensive white cardstock (Georgia Pacific from Walmart). Then I took a piece of blue cardstock (8 1/2" x 11") and folded it in half using my bone folder on the crease. Then I placed the top of the truck at the fold, traced around it and cut it out. Simple as that you have a shaped card without the expense of DS or Gypsy. Then I cut the layering pieces for the truck at 4 1/2". First I cut the truck from the blue and green check then using my shift key I cut the dump part of the truck from blue cardstock and again from black for the tires. I ran the blue cardstock through my Cuttlebug using the Spots and Dots embossing folder. Then I assembled all the pieces. My sentiment came from The Cutting Cafe. It's from the All Occasion Circle word set. Finally for embellishment I added a some MS ribbon and a blue button.
8 comments:
Love it! We all get too caught up in having the "newest stuff" stometimes. It's nice to be reminded of what we can accomplish without. TFS!
I love doing things the old fashioned way. I have DS and don't even take the time to use it. The few times I have used it my cuts did not come out as expected. I like the old fashion way better. Beautiful card and i have that cart. I will have to give it a try.
Very cute, Teri and you could have fooled me. Great job! Love the colors and the word circle tires. xxD
oooooooooooooo i love it! i love the "hub caps" super cute.
Great card Jeri.....love your take on this week's challenge.
Jeri this child's birthday card is fantastic!! I love the paper, the colors and the sentiment for the wheels!!!
Hugs,
Terry
Very, very cute card, Jeri! I got something for you in my blog. Plese have a look! Thank you.
Too cute, I love it!
Post a Comment