
I can't believe the end of the month has quickly arrived again, so it's time for our monthly blog hop at BBTB2. You should have arrived here from the super talented Krista's blog. If not you will want to go back to the BBTB2 site and start from the beginning. Our newest design team member, Lori, chose our cut for this week's challenge. She gave us our choice of purse cuts from the Paisley cartridge. I chose Purse #2 on page 54. As soon as I found out the challenge I knew exactly what I was going to make. That doesn't always happen. Sometimes I agonize for days trying to make a decision. I knew I was going to use my Gypsy to make a shaped card and I knew I was going to make a large purse using my new K&Company 12 x 24" paper pad. There are some really colorful prints in this pad of paper and I just love it. I chose this print with a brown background and grey, red, and gold flowers. I used brown kraft cardstock for my handle and gold textured cardstock for my upper purse layer. The dimensions for my purse are 10.13 width and 17.08 height.

I used the words feature on the cartridge for shop til you drop. I cut the words from gold textured cardstock at 6 inches.


I made this little pocket to hold a gift card. I embellished the inside of the card with flowers cut from the dp. I added a big jute bow and red button to the handle of the purse for a little extra texture and dimension. I love being able to use my Gypsy to create a shaped card. Making a large shape using the 12 x 24" mat is a fun way to make a cute presentation for a gift card. It's something a little different from the usual box or envelope. Now you will be heading over to Marina's blog and wait 'til you see what she has created. Please make sure you leave a comment and become a follower of my blog (if you aren't already) to be in the drawing for my Spring blog candy. I've gathered an assortment of beautiful Spring colored embellishments---flowers, ribbons, pearls and a cute new Studio G stamp.

76 comments:
lovely creation :)
Such a cute purse. Love this idea. TFS
wow! i'd almost (key word here) pay you for this purse - lol!
it's super - all the way around!!!
Wow..I am loving these purses! I really must try these!! The idea for the gift card is great.
Cute....the colors are great!
That is so neat--I love the way you put the gift card holder inside!
Darling, Jeri! and how cool you have printed paper in 12 x 24! I'll surely be on the lookout for that! xxD
this is so pretty i am loving all the different purse the colors are perfect. I am a fairly new card making addict and dont have my blog read to follow you.
Jeri, this is so so cutel. I love those papers you used... what a bright and darling card.
Carole
Cute, tfs!
Love this paper! I didn't even know that k&co made a 12x24, definitely need to check that out! TFS! a.muller@mchsi.com
I love this card! such a great idea and it has so much attention to all the little details!
This purse is really cute I love the papers,
Great take on this challenge...
Hugs
Penny
I love that paper..it makes your purse so hip :)
Now im gonna have to go to M's a get it LOL
hugs
Marina
This is sooooo pretty.
smiles...Tammy Hopping along to see all these awesome purses...
Wow, this is a fantastic idea. I think I'm going to have to do one for a gift card. Super idea! Great papers!
OMG so cute, I became a follower!!
Thanks for the chance to win!
Such a cute purse! Thanks for sharing, ~Diane
Oh I just love this little creation! The gift card holder is the perfect touch! Thank you also for the great chance to win!
Hugs,
Lisa
muffy74sf@aol.com
How creative......great idea on the gift card....will have to try .....and love your candy....would also love to win it....
Very pretty, I love the paper you chose.
I would love to have a real purse that looks like this!
What a cute gift card! What a cute gift for a woman. We would all love to go shopping. LOL!
mdot kdot schmidt athotmail dotcom
oh my, what a fabulous gift card..
Amanda:0)
"It's something a little different from the usual box or envelope."
So true - it is different. Thanks for doing "different"! BTW: It looks like the card is lying on top of the envelope. What were the finished dimensions of your envelope - aprroximately???
What a great idea for a card/gift holder. I love it. thanks. My friends birthday was a week ago and i still have to give her a gift and see her. thanks.
dawn:)
Love your purse and the colors you used! Such a wonderful gift idea...I for sure will be "using" your idea!
Candice J
What a fabulous purse! LOVED the idea of the pocket for the gift card. What a lovely gift that would make. Thanks for the idea!!
SusanJ
K&CO is my favorite what an awesome purse and idea for a gift card. You all are so inspiring. thanks for the chance to win blog candy.
I love the "retro" feel of this card, very cute!
I love the gift card holder idea!
I'm following and love love love your projects.
these are so cute
Jeri,
Cute..Krista
What an adorable way to present a gift card. LOVE it!!
What a cute card and I love the pocket inside for a gift card. The retro-ish paper is awesome. Lori B
fab colors on your purse and glad you made it into a gift card how appropriate! I am already a follower and what a fab blog give-a-way
thanks
What an adorable purse. The colors in the paper are adorable. I love the way you included the girft card.
Your card is so cute, all love all the details in and out. Shari (cricutrookie)
great project. thanks for sharing. :)
What an adorable idea to make this into a gift card holder. Thanks for sharing!
I love the paper you used for this purse. I also like the hidden gift card in the purse. What a great idea. TFS
I love the pattern paper you used for this project. It's so nice.
What a DARLING purse !!!! I love the little gift card holder idea ! You ROCK !!!
I love your idea of using the purse as a gift card holder. Hope you don't mind if I scraplift. Thanks for sharing.
Veronica
vballen@comcast.net
This is a wonderful design ... perfect for presenting a gift card ... and that paper makes it look oh so stylish!
Jo xx
Awesome candy, and SUCH a cute purse! Thanks for sharing!
A wonderfully creative project! Love all these purses!Great choice of papers too!
Jeri, wonderful card!!! I love the idea of the gift card tucked inside with the "shop till you drop phrase"!!! So creative!
I LOVE this creation Jeri!! Fantastic! I'm always looking for new gift card holder ideas! FAB! TFS! *Hugs*
Your purse is just adorable! I love the gift card holder and sentiment. It's fab! Thanks, Pam
pcrusberg at aol dot com
What a perfect gift card holder! Great job :)
What a great size gift card purse!!! Great idea!!! TFS
i am a bag lady regardless of the size, i am just drawn to them and this creation is no exception! love the paper choice!
I love the paper you used for this purse...very retro
Jeri I love, love, love this purse, inside and out...just adorable.
What a sweet gift card holder!!!! I love the paper, it's sooo cute! Also wanted to say...Love the flower pot card, it is so much fun to make those!!!
thanks for being in this blog hop, because I'm having a blast seeing all the adorable creations you ladies have come up!!!
*hugs*
Lisa Sturgill
You have inspired me! I am going to have to "cave" and get this paisley cart. So much more on it than I anticipated. Love your tapestry design. tfs
How cool is THAT card??? And I had no idea that K&Co. made 12x24 paper pads! I an in inspiration overload today! ;)
Great job! Love the fact it is a girt card holder.
I'm your newest blog stalker! :) Love your sentiment- I sooo believe in retail therapy!!
Love the idea of a gift card included. Thanks for the inspiration.
OMG...Love it! shop til u drop!!!! Love the gift card holder! :)
Very cute! Love the gift card holder!!
awesome.... great choice of paper
i love all these purse cuts, so many great ideas!
jess f
jfarwell1@gmail.com
So cute! I love the sentiment inside lol. Great job =)
Oh gosh, that's cute!! I love how you made a little pocket for a gift card. Adorable!
that is super cute!! I love the color combo!!
Such pretty papers! Love how you did the sentiment on the inside. great card!
What a cute idea for a gift card holder! :)
http://scrappymel.blogspot.com
Very pretty Great idea how to use the purse cartriage!
Wow, love the little gift card inside with the card shop to you drop.lol. Very nice card.
wow what a great idea.
cute purse. tfs
Post a Comment