Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Cricut Card Challenge #18

Happy Wednesday (hump day). Time for this week's new challenge at Cricut Cardz Challenge. Mary's choice for this week was an Easter card using any cartridge and colors. I had to use Cricut's seasonal Easter cartridge because it has the cutest little animals on it. I chose the adorable lamb. I cut him at 1 1/2" from white cardstock and layered with a flesh color and black for the nose. I decided to make a little bit different than normal card this week choosing a tent card with a spinner feature (the lamb face). This is a really easy card to make. I used a piece of 12 x 12" white cardstock and cut a four inch width off of it. Then turning the paper horizontally I scored at 5, 6, and 7 inches. You can see how I folded the scored lines in the photo below.

I used a piece of cute jelly bean paper made by Creative Imaginations. I chose this paper to go with the cute saying on my circular digital stamp from Whimsie Doodles that says "I never met a jelly bean I didn't like." I cut two pieces of the dp at 4 x 5" and attached one for the front of the card and one to the inside of the card. Then I placed the card on my Cricut mat to cut the hole out. I placed my lamb in the center of the hole hanging from a piece of ribbon. Then I closed up the top of the card with adhesive. My Happy Easter sentiment is from The Cutting Cafe.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun card. I must try this shape too :-)

Sari

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Jeri this card is soooooooo adorable!!! Love the paper too!!!

Hugs,
Terry

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh this is precious, Jeri! Love the paper and the sweet little lamb. Thanks for the info on the card shape. I've been wanting to try this! xxD

Creative Momma said...

Awww..this is too cute, Jeri...love it
hugs
Marina

Nancy Sanders said...

Love your card Jeri and the adorable little lamb. I like how you chose to do a "different" card with the peek-a-boo hole. You are so clever and talented, a real inspiration to me!