Monday, March 1, 2010

BBTB2 Celebrations Cupcake


It's the last Sunday of the month and that means it's time for another BBTB2 Blog Hop. Not only is it Blog Hop time but we have a great chance for you to win a wonderful prize donated by the super talented ladies at Holidays with the Cricut. They are giving us a Sweethearts cartridge and a pack of SEI (Happy Day) paper to give away. How do you win? By signing up to follow the BBTB2 Blog and leaving a comment. You should have arrived here from the blog of the incredibly talented Enfys. How yummy did her cupcake look? If you just happened upon my site today you will want to start at the beginning of the hop at BBTB2. This week's BBTB2 challenge is to use the cupcake cut from the Celebrations cartridge on page 101 or the cupcake cut from Doodlecharms on page 108 . My patterned paper is from DCWV kitchen stack. My base card is a standard A2 card from white cardstock. I cut my cupcake from Celebrations at 3" from dark brown cardstock and again from green cardstock that I ran through my cuttlebug in the Swiss dot folder. I layered the green with some pop dots. I added a small piece of lace under the frosting and a large pearl "cherry" on top along with a little Stickles around the edge. I used my Sakura 3-D glaze pen to add some white highlights to the bottom chocolate cupcake. I distressed the edges of the green background paper and did a little sanding to make the white dots more noticable. Then I added some zigzag stitching for a little interest.

My circle sentiment is from the All About Cupcakes set at The Cutting Cafe. I tell you, Regina has a sentiment for just about anything and I love them. I use her digi stamps on almost every card I make. I colored the little cupcake in the middle with Copics and added a little green glitter to the frosting. I placed it atop a scalloped circle I cut with the Mini Monograms cartridge. A little ribbon around the flower patterned paper to finish the card off. Now you should be off to visit Donna's blog to finish off the hop. Wait until you see her gorgeous cupcake creation. You'll love it. Please remember to leave a comment and sign up to follow my blog to be eligible for your chance to win this set of Easter note cards and envelopes which store inside the cute little pink purse cut from the Forever Young cartridge.
Thanks for visiting and have a very wonderful and creative week. Don't forget to sign up to follow and comment on the BBTB2 site for your chance to win that wonderful cartridge and paper prize pack .

76 comments:

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Jeri your card is so pretty...love all the details you added especially that little piece of lace!! TFS

Hugs,
Terry

Carole Beath said...

Jeri, I love your take on the challenge for the cupcake. Love the details. Hugs.
Carole

My Serendipity said...

Very cute card! I love the sentiment you have chosen. Thank you for sharing your cute card.

Crystal said...

Jeri,
Great job on the cupcake, I love the lace for the fringe very cute touch!

Gina Thornton said...

LOL I love the saying! Very cute card!!!

Heather said...

Great card! I love that little sentiment! Too cute!

Anonymous said...

I love the lace you added to the cupcake and "just a dash" of glitter.

- - Sheryl - - said...

the sentiment is perfect for your card - love that big cherry.
Thanks for a chance to win your Easter cards and I became a follower

Josie0602 said...

Beautiful cupcake! I love your color choices and the card turned out so pretty!

jeryl said...

Love the colors!

**Treefrog** said...

Love all the cards. So "sweet" of you! Love the little Easter cards with the purse, just adorable!
mccadesmom at gmail dot com

Unknown said...

Love your cards they are so so fab
Love and Bugsxx

DonnaMundinger said...

Adorable card Jeri! Love the papers and special accents (wow on the lace especially)! You Easter note cards are the sweetest! xxD

A Rup Life said...

Cute card!! I have to say your blog candy is BEAUTIFUL!!!

connie said...

cute card. I love the lace and stickles.

Bobbi said...

Cute card. Love the circle stamp sentiment.

Mindy said...

Love your card and most importantly the sentiment. Thanks for the chance to win :)

TR said...

Celebrate CupCakes!
Celebrate Buttons! (brads)
Very cute card!

Alyssa said...

I adore your sentiment, you're right, Regina has something for everything!

paper fun said...

Cute card.

4kids4 said...

Love your card...the lace under the frosting and the pearl cherry are great touches. TFS!

Carol said...

Pretty card.

Connie said...

So cute!!! First time at your blog. Thanks.

Staci said...

I love everything about your card, the cupcake the sentiment it's just beautiful!

Kim (aka MoeScrap) said...

Your card is so pretty. I wouldn't think of using a floral background but it sooo works. Beautiful, just beautiful! Your candy is way cute too. I just got the Forever Young Cart two days ago and will be playing with it for sure....

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Jeri,
Just Beautiful...Love it..Those Easter note cards and purse...I am speechless...So cute...Krista

Joanna said...

cute! love the polka dots!

nancy said...

Oh my gosh the card and the little purse with the Easter Cards in it are adorable. The colors are great----Love them----TFS----Nancy

Marion said...

Lovely card and great colours. Fabby paper.
Marion

kim.mom said...

Great projects! Love the colors you chose for your cupcake card!

Becky Moore said...

Your cupcake card is simply yummy! I enjoyed prowling around your blog and was happy to become a follower!!

1CardCreator said...

Such a sweet cupcake card! Thanks for sharing. Take care, ~Diane

Pamela said...

Great card! Until I read your information about it, I thought it was pieced fabric from the picture. Love it.

Becky Roper said...

All these ideas are precious. Love the blog hop.

Becky Roper
b roper @ alfa ins . com

JustYolie said...

Super sweet card! Love the use of the lace!

Anonymous said...

I love the paper you used. Too, cute for words.
Candy

Anonymous said...

Great cupcake, love the lace. Your notecards are very pretty. Would love to win.

VeronicaA said...

Your cupcake card is adorable. And I just love the sentiment!(-:
Veronica
vballen@comcast.net

Denine said...

Adorable card. I love the cupcake sentiment.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Sher said...

Thank you for sharing your creativity with us. Your card is just beautiful. Love the details.

moknowsall said...

cupcakes - i keep seeing cupcakes.... when do i get to eat them..... very nice job. like the digi stamp... will have to check that out as well.

Maureen

Lacey said...

Love your stuff, and I'm following now!!!

Karen S. said...

Cute card! I love the patterned paper and the colors you used!

shari said...

Your cupcake card is so pretty. Your Easter notecards are so cute. I signed up to follow you. Shari (cricutrookie)

cjtatman said...

Great card and I am signing up to be a follower. I am also the mother of five adult children (all girls) and 12 grandchildren!
Candice J

maryanns said...

Your cupcake is sooooo cute! Thanks for explaining in detail how you created it! Your gift for some lucky blogger (hopefully me) is absolutely beautiful!

figment said...

Cute card thanks for sharing Penny

Diane N said...

I love the lacy embellishment on your cupcake.

DianeN

Show Love-Make Cards said...

This is such a happy card! Thank you for the inspiration!!!

Kellie said...

Jen..very pretty little card..very soft colors.nice that you included the sizes,etc..of everything...thanks!!!

CathyinMN said...

I like the cupcake card, but I have to confess . . . I love the card you made for your Japanese friend. TFS

Tammy said...

Your stitching is great... Picking those colors was a good choice for that card.
I also like your Japanese card...super job!
smiles...Tammy

Susan said...

What a terrific card! Love all those extra details you've added! I'm excited because I have the paper you used ~ will now have to scraplift your fabulous work! Thanks so much for sharing!
susanJ

cinmfoster said...

Great card, love how you used the lace. Thanks for sharing

pcrusberg said...

Your card is just too sweet! I really like the bit of lace. The purse and card set are super sweet too. Thanks, Pam
pcrusberg at aol dot com

freetimegone said...

I love your cupcake card and the details with the lace. The easter cards and purse are such a great giveaway. I hope I am the lucky winner.

AShu93 said...

Those are really pretty cards you're giving away. Your cupcake is beautiful as well.

JustJules said...

I really love this card especially the sentiment at the top! Thanks for the inspiration!

paperscissors said...

you were so clever to select this sentiment as it makes us happy to imagine that life of cupcakes!!! your details are what lifts this cut image off the page...this cupcake includes a lot of different techniques and i can only imagine what your workspace looked like just to create this one card!!! thank you!

patti said...

I LOVE your little purse and cards OH! to be so creative!!!

indypam1 said...

I really love your card. Very very pretty. I have those papers and can't wait to use them now. The sentiment was perfect. Thanks for referencing where you got them.
Pam

Cathy said...

I love your cupcake. The paper behind the cupcake reminds me of wall-paper and the fringe on the edge of cupcake is oh so cute. Thanks for sharing...

liz at liz's paper loft said...

really cute!

Creative Momma said...

Beautiful choice of paper for your cupcake, Jeri...this is so cute and I love that stamp too..
HUgs
Marina

GrannyCharlotte said...

Love the card. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I just love your card. Thanks for sharing it on the bloghop!

Unknown said...

The Stickles that you used make me want to lick the icing. Pretty card.

Linda

MjDidDoIt said...

Your card is gorgeous!!

Roni said...

I love cupcakes! Your card is great! I am new to your blog...hopped over from Enfys. Thanks for sharing.

Regina Easter said...

wow, what an adorable cupcake card..it is way yummy...hugs

My Time Scrapper said...

Your card is soooo cute!!! Nicki

Unknown said...

The stitching on the card is absolutely gorgeous.

Lisa

SusanC said...

Cute card, the lace is a nice touch. TFS

Judy said...

Wow! I like all these cards!

Karen McPherson said...

I really like the paper choice. Nice Job!! Thanks for the chance to win!

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

WOW, what an adorable card, Nice Take on the challenge

HUGS
Penny