Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Just buggin', Creative Inspiration

Okay, I so feel like I cheated making this card. The challenge at Just Buggin' is to use any Cricut card feature to make a card. I'm not a fan of making cards with the card feature because it seems like cheating. Literally, this card took less than 10 minutes to make. Cricut does all the work. I used Stretch Your Imagination for this Spring card. My DP is Heidi Grace. I cut the card at 4 1/4" and it cut the card with the word Spring cut out in the center. Then I cut the frame to put around the word. Since I used two sided paper one cut came from each side. I cut the layers for the tulips to add green stems. For embellishment I added a piece of lace and pink polka dot ribbon, a stick pin and a couple pearls to meet the requirements for the challenge at Creative Inspiration.
My inside sentiment is a coordinating Heidi Grace sticker. I'm also entering this in the One Stop Craft Challenge for optimistically pink because I think my sentiment is pretty darn optimistic and it's pink paper, ribbon and stick pin.

12 comments:

Suzi Mac said...

Love the sentiment and your card, very pretty lace and ribbon accents. Thank you for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge this week. Hugs Suzi x

Jet said...

It is a WONDERFUL life!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, looks like it took way more than 10 minutes! :) Love all the details you added! Thanks for joining us at Just Buggin!

Kandi *JB DT*

Anonymous said...

hhahahaha! i SO agree - it DOES feel like cheating! your card came out so CUTE! thanks for joining us at Just Buggin!

My Serendipity said...

Very pretty and I love the sentiment!

DonnaMundinger said...

I know what you mean about the card feature, LOL, but this really came out pretty. Maybe I should look into it. Love the paper. xxD

gina g said...

Gorgeous card love the pretty lace. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Lynne said...

Great Card!! Thanks for joining us this week at Just Buggin Challenges!

JustCrazy4Scrapen said...

Jeri,

I'm learning so much this week about the creative card feature. I had no idea Stretch your Imagination had a card feature.

Very cute card.

Lisa

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

This is so cute Jeri...love the extra touches you added to make it your own (that is not cheating!!)

Hugs,
Terry

Hope said...

Love your card! That is one of the best thing about the cricut....you have such a beautiful card in 10 mintutes!

Thanks for playing along at Just Buggin'!!

Hope
JB DT

Mindy (Scrappy and Piggy) said...

Very cute!!!! I don't think it's cheating using the card feature, maybe just a head start! thanks for playing with us at just buggin!