Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Challenges

There are so many Spring challenges this week I just couldn't resist making a pot of flowers for all of them. This project/card is for the following challenges:

This flowerpot card is the challenge at Project Tuesday this week. You will find the link for the directions to make the card on their blog. I saw a perfect opportunity to incorporate my design into a bookmark for the challenge at A Spoon Full of Sugar since the card pulls out of the flowerpot. I cut my flowers for this project using my Cricut and the Pagoda and Sweet Treats cartridges. My DP is from DCWV Spring stack. I used a Cuttlebug flower edge embossing folder for the top of the flowerpot and a Fiskars scalloped edge punch for my decorative edge. I embellished the pot with jute ribbon and used three buttons for the centers of the flowers.

I used the internet to hunt up a quote that I could use for the bookmark. I think I used quotes, book and garden as the words for my search criteria. My sentiment on the tag comes from the Beautiful Blooms set at The Cutting Cafe.

You can see from this picture what the bookmark looks like when marking a page in a book.


16 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow Jeri! Great job on the challenges, and what a cute and creative creation! Love it! xxD

KimS said...

Oh...is this pretty!!! I love how you embossed the pot, and very pretty flowers!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Project Tuesday!!!

Unknown said...

brilliant idea, love the bookmarks so clever, well done and thanks for joinin us at crafty cardmakers xx

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, and to turn it into a bookmark makes it so nice so that it can be looked at over and over. Thank you for joining us at Project Tuesday.

Karen Wilson said...

Oh wow!! Stunning creation and love what you did with our challenge this week! Gorgeous!

Thanks for playing along at Project Tuesday!

Andrea said...

Such a fabulous bookmark - I love the way you have created the flowers to sit over the page.
Love, Andrea xx

Rose said...

oh jerri i always love your creations! and this is fantastic, love the embossing on the pot :) thanks for joining us on project tuesday this week

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic creation and so fitting for our challenge...

Beautifully crafted!!!

Thank's for joining Crafty Cardmakers this week
x
Vicky

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great job! I like how you have embossed the flower pot.
Thanks for joining us over at Project Tuesday this week.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous creation Jeri, such a great idea.Thanks for playing along at spoonfull of sugar. Hugs Nikki x

Nancy Sanders said...

What an amazing card Jeri, adorably cute and clever. How cool that you even embossed the flower pot. I am going to have to try and make one of these. Thank so much for the inspiration!

Joanna said...

This is adorable! By the way I just wanted to pass along the Ms. Brightside award to you...it's on my blog waiting! :)

LesleyfromWI said...

I love it! This is a wonderful card and I so love the design!

Vixykins said...

This is just beautiful! I love the bright happy colors!
Thanks for coming to play at Crafty Cardmakers x

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

super cute! love how you embossed the top of the pot!