Monday, November 8, 2010

BBTB2 Create A Critter Dog

 I've often used my dog Trueman (a rare breed Mountain Cur) for inspiration for cards, but this one was really fun and was made for a special little boy I recently met.  Tanner, this card is for you and you should be getting it in the mail today or tomorrow.  This week's challenge cut at BBTB2 was chosen by my wonderful design team friend, Carole. She chose the dog from Create A Critter.  I made a shaped card this week using my Gypsy.  I found my Gypsy to be invaluable while I spent the month of October traveling in my RV through the south. Though we have returned home I have many wonderful memories of our time spent with family, many of which we hadn't seen in over 15 years.  One of my favorite memories from our trip came while visiting our daughter in North Carolina.  Our daughter has a wonderful friend who is a single father, she oftens helps out by taking care of his six year old son.  What a wonderful little guy who is well-behaved and has fantastic manners.  Little Tanner was so excited to meet us, but I think that was secondary to our dog.  Tanner fell in love with Trueman and Trueman had a great time playing with Tanner.  They were inseparable for the five days we were there.  Tanner was really sad when Trueman had to leave to go home so I thought I would make him a card that would remind him of his new furry friend.  If you have the Create A Critter cartridge make sure you join us in this challenge.  If you don't have this cartridge feel free to use any dog cut from another cartridge. 

There are a couple of changes that I made to my dog cut.  First off, as you can see I did not make my dog a dalmation as the booklet suggests and my cut has no tail.  If you look closely you can see a little nub instead.  That is the distinguishing feature about Mountain Curs.  They are actually born with no tail.   I was able to make my top layer using the hide contours feature on my gypsy to make the face features cut on the full body.  I made my dog 5".  I hadn't originally planned to put the fire hat on my dog, but he looked a little bare without it.  You'll see a picture of Tanner and Trueman below.  Aren't they cute?  I actually made a frame for this picture and embellished it with a dog I cut to look exactly like the card. I sent it off to Tanner and forgot to take a picture of it, but I know he'll love it.

11 comments:

Sandi said...

Jeri what a sweet card and I am sure it will be enthusiastically received. Hugs

Susan Edwards said...

Jeri thanks for sharing your cute pooch card - he is too sweet!

xx Susan

DonnaMundinger said...

Awww, how sweet, Jeri! Tanner is gonna love this. Welcome home! xxD

bonnie said...

Oh Jeri what a cute doggy....I want one! x

GiuliaG. said...

Your card is so sweet! I love it.

Lori said...

Cute,cute,cute!

Maria said...

Jeri,
I love my Gypsy too and love how you did the base of the card. Love the colors you picked too! Looking forward to working with you!
Maria

Carole Beath said...

Jeri, what a darling doggy....and I loved the photo of Tanner and Trueman.

Joanna said...

OMG too cute! shaped cards are the best!

**Treefrog** said...

Oh Jeri, Tanner is going to Love that card, he will be sooooo excited to get it! Your Trueman looks kind of like my Heidi but she is part brindle. The Hubs found her on the highway, someone had hit her and left her on the road so he rescued her and we're not sure what she is, the vet thinks she's a mix from a boxer and some type of hound dog but she really looks like your Trueman in the face. No one claimed her so she joined our family. Sounds like you had a blast on your RV trip.
((Hugs)) Theresa

A Little Time said...

What a sweet story. He is going to LOVE that card. My neighbors recently moved away with their golden retriever that both my kids love. Dogs are so special! Oh, and this little card is just adorable.