For this week's BBTB2 challenge the incredibly talented Donna asked us to use the phrase Give Thanks from the new Thanksgiving cartridge. I don't have this cartridge but I did have the Give Thanks phrase on my Designer's Calendar cartridge, so that's what I used. I decided to make a little home decor project to sit on my fireplace mantle. I was real happy with how this turned out. I used cardboard from empty cereal boxes to make this a little more sturdy. Starting from my back layer I used Mini Monograms to cut a scalloped square at 8.5" from both black cardstock and the cardboard and adhered them together. Then I added a layer of cream cardstock to place the sentiment on. Over that I placed a brown frame I cut from kraft cardstock and the cardboard at 7.5" using Don Juan. I used Doodlecharms for the leaves and acorns cutting two of each leaf for layering. Then using two thicknesses (1/8" and 1/16") of Pop Dots I began placing the elements layering each leaf a little higher than the last ending with the acorns on two of the thickest Pop Dots. My sentiment is cut at 3.75" from black and a burnt orange cardstock then I offset the black cardstock to give a shadowed effect.
Looking at this reminds me of all the bountiful things I have to be thankful for. It's a wonderful time of year for reflections of all the blessings I have been given, most of all a wonderful family. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you can join our challenge at BBTB2 this week. Don't forget if you don't have the Thanksgiving cartridge you can use any other cartridge with Thanks on it.
10 comments:
Hey Jeri, I love this, such rich colors and simplistic elegance at its finest. Hugs
Jeri, this is so wonderful. I was instantly drawn to those wonderful leaves and the way you have presented them...and then I moved onto the rest of your card ....I love the whole shebang. Elegant.
Hugs
Carole
Great project. I really love the idea and how all the colors came together so well.
I love this project! Perfect for an entry way table (at my house!!! Ha). It is so elegant! Love the leaves.
xx Susan
Oh this is so beautiful and rustic looking Jeri, just perfect for this time of year. This will look wonderful on your fireplace
Hugs
Juliexx
Jeri, I just love this! It's totallly gorgeous, and I think I like that "Give Thanks" better than the one I chose. xxD
Jeri,
I think I agree with Donna--I like this Give Thanks cut better :-) Very pretty!
Maria
What a great home dec project, so pretty! Oh this would be perfect next to one of my sweater pumpkins, they would go perfectly together and since we're Design Team "Sister's", I thought we were family so if your coming to dinner you can pick up your pumpkin, lol!
((Hugs)) Theresa
Your card is so elegant and beautiful...I love the leaves and the colors all come together so well
ooooo...that's a nice looking sentiment. I always forget about the calendar cart. This is really, really pretty!
Post a Comment