Friday, November 12, 2010

Paper Cutz #67 Thanksgiving with buttons and bows

Good morning and Happy Friday. Time for the weekend...hopefully, you can snatch a few minutes for yourself to create and join the challenge this week at Paper Cutz.  Mary asked the DT to make a THANKSGIVING CARD USING BUTTONS AND BOWS.  I was so excited to finally get to use my new Cricut Imagine for an entire card.  I had to leave it behind right after it arrived when we left on our month long RV trip last month.  Things have been so hectic here since returning home, with my son home on leave for the month of November, that I've hardly had time to even play with it.  But I got it out for this card.  I used the Imagine More, Wild Card and Create A Critter cartridges to put this card together.  I first made a base card using the circle card off the Wild Card cartridge.  Then I used the print and cut feature for all the layers of the card.  This was the first time I used the FILL feature with an image from a regular cartridge.  I used the turkey from CAC and chose papers from the Imagine More cartridge to fill him in with patterned papers that would match the card layers.  I think this came out so cute.  I have to say I do love the new machine and the second mat I bought seems to have more sticky on it than the one that came with the machine.  Could that be a way for ProvoCraft to get us to buy more?  LOL  Since the main feature of this week's card was to be bows and buttons I added a twill bow and another hemp bow before adding my big button on top of them.  I did add a little stitching on this card and my doodling that seems to make a card complete.  I also added some dimension with pop dots on one of the card layers and under the turkey.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a super weekend.  Check back during the weekend as I'll be posting my next series of pages from my Christmas Daily album.

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Jeri I love this and love what you have done with the Imagine, that turkey is so darn cute. Hugs

Unknown said...

This is awesome! What wonderful color choices :)