Good morning everyone. It was my turn to pick the challenge this week at BBTB2. Since we are heading into December and the holiday season I had to make this a Christmas challenge. I chose the new Winter Frolic cartridge and asked the Design Team to use either of the ornament cuts from pages 64 or 65 and include the sentiment Deck the Halls from page 65. I decided to make a shaped card using my Gypsy. I used the shadow cuts from the sentiment and welded the shadow from the ornament so it would be hanging from the letter T of the sentiment. I made my base card from black cardstock and cut it at 5.75. Then I cut the shadow again slightly smaller from red cardstock. I used My Mind's Eye patterned paper for my top layer and cut it twice for more dimension. Then I added some bling with red rhinestones, glittered star brads and red glitter. Hope you can play along with our challenge. Don't forget you can use any ornament cut and any font cut from any cartridge for the Deck the Halls sentiment but you must have both elements on your card. I'm really excited because this will be my first opportunity to choose the weekly winner. I can't wait to see your designs.
8 comments:
Thanks for the great challenge, chickie! LOVE your card with all of the sparkle. xxD
I loved this challenge, Jeri. Great choice....I love how your project turned out.... I could't comply with the Winter Frolic but I was happy with how mine turned out. Thanks for a great pick.
Hugs
Carole
Jeri,
Love the images you picked for our challenge this week! Love where you welded your ornament on the card!
Maria :-)
you are so darn good with the cricut. mine still scares me. this is absolutely stunning!!!!
hugs :)
What a fun challenge and sorry for not using the phrase on my layout :( I don't have that cart, YET, lol! I want it though. Love your card, I love the shaped cards. I've learned so much from all the gals on the DT, your all so great!
((Hugs)) Theresa
I love this it's so retro :) x
Loved this challenge Jeri......I didn't have the cart but I just had to play along. Your card came out great!
This is fantastic!! I love how you used patterned paper for the words. Great challenge!! I like how you chose two things for us to use.
Post a Comment