Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cricut Cardz Challenge #52


I'm very excited for this week's challenge at Cricut Cardz Challenge.  This is my first week as the Design Coordinator for Cricut Cardz Challenge Design Team #1.  I'm so happy to be working with Mary to help her on her fantastic blog.  I will be setting the challenges now for Design Team #1 and helping Mary in any other way I can.  For my first challenge I've chosen a Christmas theme but only using words cut from your Cricut and no image.  I used the Winter Woodlands cartridge and my Gypsy to design this card.  I welded two of the greetings shadow features together to form the base of my card and cut it from green cardstock at 5.75" for the width.  At this size it fits on a piece of 12 x 12" cardstock.  Season's Greetings is cut at 4.72" width to fit on the base.  I cut it twice from black cardstock and then from a DCWV Christmas stack (last year's) so I could offset for a shadow effect.  The holly is cut with the layer feature on using a scrap I had.  I used some glitter on the berries for a little sparkle.  I can say I am ahead of last year's handmade Christmas card production, but just barely.  It's been so hard to get anything done with my son still home on leave from the Marine's with his wife.  But, we've had a fantastic time being with them and that's much more important.  Kyle will have left for his new duty station in Chantilly, VA by the time this posts.  Nicole will be staying behind with their two kitties until their new house is ready for them on December 1.  Tonight my husband's brother will be arriving to spend Thanksgiving with us.  I have no clue where I'm going to put them because our one guest bedroom is already occupied.  I suppose I should figure that out real soon now.  I'll probably send my husband to the store to get an air mattress we can throw on the floor in the family room.  It's going to be a wild few days.  I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families.  For those of you heading out for shopping on Friday...May the force be with you!!!

7 comments:

Anita said...

Nice card and I love the red paper!! Great Job on this week's challenge!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card Jeri! Love that red cardstock. You did a wonderful job this week as coordinator and your challenge was a lot of fun! Hugs -Nicole (DT#1)

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Love the card Jeri!! So happy to have you as our DT Coordinator...looking forward to lots more fun challenges!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day and weekend!
Hugs,
Terry

Stef H said...

well hello stranger! it's been while. hope you are well. still making such beauties i see!

do be well, and happy holiday - even if you don't celebrate.

hugs :)

Sandi said...

great card Jeri, Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs

Karen Aicken said...

This is such a great card for the CCC challenge. Wow - I love the shaped card, and the black off-set. TFS!
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking dot com

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

Jeri, Love your card, but I love all your cards. What a great challenge. I know you'll do a fabulous job as DT1's challenge coordinator. Congrats on the gig!

Vee (CCC DT1)