Sunday, November 21, 2010

Christmas Daily Days 17-20

This installment of my Christmas Daily album includes days 17 -20.  All the digital elements are from The Cutting Cafe, either December Daily or December Daily 2.  Just click on the set for the link to The Cutting Cafe.  I made pages 17 and 18 a little more interactive for my 4 year old granddaughter Payton.  I included an easy to put together foam Christmas ornament I purchased at JoAnn's for $1.  For day 18 I included a packet of hot chocolate.
If you aren't from the east side of the state of Michigan you probably have no idea what the significance of day 19 is.  Here in this area we have the most fantastic Christmas store ever.  They are open year round and you have never seen so much Christmas stuff in your life.  They do sell online so if you are looking for an ornament with a particular theme in mind, check out Bronners.  My husband and I started a tradition for our children as each of them were born.  Every year we went to Bronners and picked out an ornament for them.  It went on the tree that year and then went into a box with their name on it.  When they grew up and got their first home they had a box of ornaments for their tree.  Now we do the same thing for our grandchildren.  This year, for the first time ever, we are going to take a grandchild with us (Payton) and let her pick out her own ornament.  It will be a day just for us to spend with her.  It is about a two hour drive to get there.  We will shop through the store and let her find the perfect ornament then we will go out for lunch.  Days 18 and 19 will document this little trip.
I can't wait to see what Payton will pick out.  Whatever theme it is, I have the feeling it will be a pink ornament.  Preferably, pink and purple, her two favorite colors.  I think she will pick something with a Disney Princess on it.  She's at that princess age.
Thanks for stopping by.  I will be posting the final installment of my Christmas Daily album Monday or Tuesday. 

1 comment:

Terry@ a quilting blog said...

Cute layouts Jeri!! I'm not from Michigan but I definitely know Bronner's in Frankenmuth!!!We made a stop on one of our rv journey's just so I could shop there...what a fun store..and town!!!(We also bought an ornament each year for our children and, as a tradition, continue to do so for them and their spouses). Have a great time with your granddaughter!!
Hugs,
Terry