Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Cutting Cafe Fun With Pockets

Wow, it's been awhile since I posted on my blog.  Caught in the preparations for the holidays like everyone else.  This week at The Cutting Cafe Blog Regina asked us to highlight one of her pocket sets.  She has two sets called Christmas Pockets Templates Cutting File and Fun With Pockets which is the set I used for my candy cane holder.  This took about ten minutes to put together, including the time to get out my cutting machine and get it plugged in.  I never get to leave my craft supplies out anymore since we are living full time in our RV.  I only have the dining table to work on so we need a place to eat, too.  Forces me to be neat about my crafting, that's for sure.  I simply cut the pocket from some Recollections Christmas paper and assembled the sides using Tacky Tape.  Then I punched a scallop border and put a band around the pocket, tied a green ribbon, printed my tag from The Cutting Cafe 1" Christmas set, punched a scalloped circle and attached the tag with twine.  Easy peasy!  I'm making these as table favors for a Christmas dinner with friends.  After I finished I was thinking this long pocket would also be perfect for putting eating utensils in on the buffet table. If you're having a fancy sit down dinner you could also attach a name tag as a placecard.

I have a second project to show using the Christmas pocket set.  I made the pocket to hold my Mitten Shaped Card which is another Cutting Cafe template/cutting file.  My paper is from Cosmo Cricket Jolly By Golly 6x6 paper pack.  I used yellow textured cardstock for the pocket and placed a scrap of the mitten paper in the cutout.
 I cut the mitten from white cardstock and the top layer from the patterned paper.  I added a little ball fringe and pink gingham ribbon to embellish.  The inside greeting says Warm Winter Wishes.
So glad you had the chance to stop by today.  Thanks for visiting and for the sweet comments you leave. They mean so much.  You'll want to head over to The Cutting Cafe Blog and check out the rest of the DT projects on Wednesday. 

4 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh My Gosh! The are awesome!! I love that tall pocket!! It will be perfect for dinner table for the utensils. The short pocket with the mitten card is fantastic. I so love the mitten/cap paper. And the gingham ribbon with pompoms is awesomely cute!! :)

Regina Easter said...

Oh my gosh what fun fun projects jeri. I live how you did the candy cane pocket. These would be easy to mass produce. Hugs

Kate said...

Those r so cute. Especially the mitten ones. I love the dp that you used

Hugs
Kate

Lori said...

Such cute projects - love the idea of a candy cane box!