Friday, December 16, 2011

Twelve Days of Christmas #4

Today I have two cards to show you.  I wanted to show how I got a second card using my negative cut.  The first card was made using The Cutting Cafe set Christmas Card Fun.  This set of templates/cutting files features 12 different Christmas cards.  The set also comes with envelopes and 17 sentiments.  If you've been putting off your cards and haven't got them done I suggest this set as an easy way to get them done.  These cards are 4.5"x4.5".  The first card is made with kraft cardstock.  I cut it using my Cricut machine.  It cuts the card and the deer out.  I put the deer aside to use on my second card.  I placed a piece of patterned paper behind the deer and simply added a heart button with some jute at the deer's neck.  My sentiment is from the Cardz TV Stamps Home for Christmas set.  I stamped with white ink and placed the sentiment on a mat of white glitter cardstock.  It's finished off with a little faux stitching using a white gel pen.

 For my second card I used a piece of red cardstock and made the same size 4.5"x4.5" card rounding the corners.  I used my Cuttlebug embossing folder Christmas Swirls to emboss around the edge.  Then I took the deer cutout, added a button and twine around his neck, a black pearl for his eye, a red pearl for his nose and a little doodling with the gel pen.  The sentiment is from The Cutting Cafe Christmas Mini Words set.
 It took less than 15 minutes to put these two cards together.  If you took the whole set and used the same technique putting that cutout on a second card you can get 24 cards in just a couple hours.  I'm so glad my cards are all done and in the mail.  I showed my cards to several neighbors and they have put in orders with me for their cards for next year.  It will turn out to be a little money maker for me.

3 comments:

Ro said...

Beautiful cards! I love the embossing you did on the 2nd card. =)

Sharon said...

These are fantastic!! And so great that you will be making a little bit of money from your awesome talent!! :)

Cathy said...

I love them Beautiful and simple.
cathyplus5.blogspot.com