For the inside of the card I made up the sentiment and printed it with my computer. I'm happy to say that for the first time in our lives we are away from the cold, snowy, harsh winter of Michigan. We'll be in Florida until April and we're very excited about it. There is a slight chance (only 20%) that it may rain here on Christmas. No, I won't miss a white Christmas. I'll be getting up in the morning and dressing in my shorts and enjoying every moment. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Miss Regina for letting me stay on for a second term at The Cutting Cafe and to welcome all the new and returning designers to the team. Regina is such a special lady and I'm blessed to call her friend! You can find the team announcement here. It's an awesome and talented team to work with. Thanks for stopping by and come by to visit anytime.
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
The Cutting Cafe Rain Rain Go Away
It's time for a new highlighted set over at The Cutting Cafe. This week Regina asked the team to use her Rain Rain Go Away set. Now I know it's winter, but depending on where you live in the country you might be experiencing rain. For those of you in the colder climates, cheer up. Spring is on it's way...eventually. I also used The Cutting Cafe Cloud Shaped Card cutting file/ template for this card. I started with the card base cut from white cardstock then topped it with a grey cardstock top piece. I used the set's SVG file to cut these on my Cricut. Next I printed my cute duck and umbrella on scraps of printed paper so I could paper piece. I love paper piecing. I think it's a way to make your cuts look a little special and individualized. I fussy cut all the pieces and assembled the duck and the umbrella. I finished the front of the card with the weather sentiment and some doodling with a white gel pen and a black marker.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
great idea, love it
beautiful! love that cute duckie!!
Great card! We have had ran all day and there are blizzard conditions west of here. Rain isn't such a bad thing Compared to blizzards but the card sure is cute!
This is sooooo cute!! It's raining here now but not heavy. By morning I may need your little duckie's umbrella!! :)
Jeri,
Your card is the cutest! I wish I could move somewhere warm for winter! Enjoy your shorts weather:)
oh my oh my oh my Jeri this is just darling..I love it girlie...hugs
Love this shaped card! The duck is too cute and the paper piecing is awesome!
http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/
Hi Jeri! I am so excited to be a part of this team. I have been a fan for a while now. I love what you did with this set of files. Very inspiring. I guess I am sending in another order.
Looking forward to getting to know you better and enjoy that warm weather.
Oh my! So cute! Love the rain...and duckling!
Post a Comment