I needed a little incentive to get my mojo going so I issued myself a challenge to post Christmas cards and projects for the next twelve days. My own little Twelve Days of Christmas. My mojo has been on vacation I guess. My husband and I are enjoying our retirement and new lifestyle of fulltime RVing so much that I'm finding it difficult to get into creating mode sometimes. We are so busy enjoying all the fun, sun and activities that Florida has to offer. I swear, I wish we had done this sooner. Leaving the dreary winter's of Michigan has done wonders for my mental health. Now I know why so many people head for warmer winter climates. It's the best. We left Michigan in September when it was still warm and slowly made our way south and have never left the warmth. I feel like I'm on summer vacation and it's December. Now here is the disadvantage...it most definitely does not feel like Christmas. I'm seeing the Christmas trees and the lights but it just doesn't seem quite right. LOL I think that's the reason that I haven't really felt like starting on the Christmas cards. It suddenly hit me a few days ago that I needed to get busy on the Christmas cards. My family and friends have come to expect those handmade Christmas cards I send and I wouldn't want to disappoint. So onto card #1...
I love making shaped cards using my Gypsy. I used the window cut from the Christmas Noel cartridge. By welding two shadows together I got the base for my card and cut it from black cardstock at 5.25". Then I topped it with the window cut from white cardstock at 5.25". I added a wreath to the window that came from the same cartridge. I added a few red rhinestones for some sparkle. My sentiment is from the Cardz TV Home for Christmas stamp set. What better Christmas wish could there be than that of Peace, Joy and Love. I hope you'll return tomorrow for another great card idea. Thanks for stopping by.
3 comments:
Beautiful card Jeri. I'm from Michigan also, and my hubby and I dream of RV'ing when he retires. You mention you are in Florida and that is our favorite place to vacation. Have you made it to Sanibel Island? Thats one of my favorites. Of course, we love the keys too. :)
Great card!
I don't miss the freezing cold weather or piles of snow either. We get to enjoy looking at the snow on the mountains in the distance without having to deal with it. Keep enjoying your retirement, Jeri, and have a wonderful and warm Christmas!!! :o)
this is so beautiful!!! Love that it is a shaped card!! :)
Post a Comment