Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Twelve Days of Christmas #8

Here's a cute little treat container to make.  It's cute and yummy.  I started off with an empty test tube that I bought at my local scrapbook store for $1.  At first I was going to use some of those small round cinnamon  candies you can find in the baking aisle at the grocery store.  But then one day when I was in the Christmas candy aisle at Target I found cherry cordial M&Ms.  I think I really bought them because I knew I would be able to eat the leftovers, and boy, are they yummy.  I filled the test tube up and quickly capped it so I wouldn't eat any of them.  Next I cut a 4" piece of white cardstock and using a Fiskars scalloped border punched each edge.  I used a red polka dot paper from Recollections on top of it and centered it around the tube using Tacky Tape to make sure it held onto the plastic tube securely.  To embellish the tube, of course, I had to add a cute little reindeer.  I cut this cutie from the Create A Critter cartridge at 2".  For the sentiment I cut a 2" scalloped circle from the Elegant Edges cartridge.  I used my computer and a stencil font to print the reindeer noses sentiment in red ink onto a circle that I attached to the scalloped circle.  Then I used a dimensional foam dot to attach the reindeer above the sentiment.  I tied a red ribbon around the tube and punched a hole in the reindeer tag so I could attach the tag with red twine to the ribbon.

5 comments:

jessica said...

This is so adorable!!!!!

JaniceA said...

Cute candy tube!
janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Awesome!! :)

a Seeker of the TRUTH said...

Cute and inspirational. Thanks for sharing. Hugs julie

bonnie said...

So super cute sweetie ;) Hugs x