Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Cutting Cafe Peppermint Candy Treat Boxes and Blog Hop

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas holiday.  Mine was different for several reasons.  We weren't with family, we're in Florida's sunshine and warmth and there were no presents this year.  Hubby and I decided not to buy presents for each other this year.  There was really nothing we needed and with the limited space in the RV we decided to forego the gifts this year.  We usually go out and buy what we need when we want it.  Besides, it would have been impossible to find a hiding place for the presents.  LOL  It didn't seem quite like Christmas with warmth and sunshine.  We're used to cold and snow in Michigan.  But, we had a fun day.  We spent it with our campground family having a potluck supper.  I made these little treat boxes to give to all our friends.  Everyone thought they were fantastic.
I used The Cutting Cafe Peppermint Candy Treat Box Cutting File and Template for my treat containers.  I used my Cricut to cut the SVG file which includes the box and top pieces.  The sentiment is included with the set and after printing it I punched it out and placed it on the front of the container.  It wouldn't be one of my creations without adding some faux stitching and doodling with a white gel pen. 

Now for some fun, The Cafe is hopping this week.  Each designer has used one of their favorite files to make a fabulous creation to inspire you.  Each designer is giving away a Cutting Cafe file.  You must leave a comment on each designer's blog to be eligible to win.  Here's the link to the Cafe Blog where you can find the list of participating designers.  I will be giving out the Peppermint Candy Treat Box.  This box can be used at any time of the year, not just for Christmas.  So make sure you leave me a comment and I thank you for them.  I love reading each and every one.  Have fun!

31 comments:

teachdanz said...

love your box!! warm and sunny would be a nice change for Christmas:-)

Rhonda Emery said...

your boxes are so cute love them. glad you had a good time in florida, jealous lol.

Regina Easter said...

oh my word, oh my word, this are the sweetest...hugs

Jaspere said...

These are adorable!!

Lizzie Laine said...

The treat boxes look great, enjoy sunny Florida!

Babe O'Mara said...

These are just the sweetest boxes I've seen. So cute.

Babe
youiesmom@att.net

JaniceA said...

Super sweet! Love them!
janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Oh this is just as cute as cute can be!! I love that it looks just like a piece of peppermint candy!! :)

Craftyhomemade said...

So cute box. Lovely.

Indira
craftyhomemade7atgmail.com

Carole Beath said...

Jeri, oh these are just darling. Good enough to eat.
Hugs
Carole

Carolyn Wolff said...

So cute Jeri! Florida.....I am so jealous. I look forward to working with you on the team.

bonnie said...

Oh wow sweetie these are gorgeous no wonder they loved them...fabulous project! Happy Christmas to you sweetie ;) Hugs x

jessica said...

I LOVE these adorable candy bags! Awesome job with these!!

famillemarleau said...

Cute project. I love it. These make great gifts. Thanks for the chance, Johanne L.

kat62 said...

Cute little boxes. I have grandkids that would love these. Thank you for a chance at this file. Kathi

Anonymous said...

Oh Jeri, what an interesting holiday you had!
I really enjoyed you telling us about this though as it reminded me of the holiday's we had growing up in different campgrounds. Like by the beach having Easter...great memories!
My hubby and I plan to travel someday and I wonder if and where we'd be on a special holiday... =)
What a treat to come by today!
LOVE the project. This is a FAV of mine but I hadn't the chance to make these this year, so I see why everyone was so thrilled to receive these!

Hugs, Leah

Karel Hamilton said...

Love these cute treat boxes. They would be great for Valentines Day as well as other holidays. Your Christmas sounds like one I would have loved to have had. I am from snowy cold Michigan too, but so far this year we've had NO SNOW in my part of the thumb. But that's changing soon I hear. I too want to travel, but hubby has 2 years to go before retirement. Have a blessed New Year!

SAbrat said...

Love your gift idea. Very nice!

Glenda Joy said...

Those are awesome! They turned out beautifully.

Tina M said...

Awesomely Cute treat boxes!
tfs
Happy New Year!

Shirley said...

Love the little treat boxes. Great job.

Ana said...

I love your peppermint box!!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

WOW! I love these! I had fun making mine too. I love the larger center circle you used.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift for some lucky person! I just discovered "The Cutting Cafe" last night and realize I have some catching up to do! Such a cute idea!

Teresa said...

So very cute! Love making boxes! Hugs, Teresa

Crafty Lady said...

I do believe that this is one of my favorite designs! I think it is amazing that you take your Cricut AND a printer so that you can craft on the road. That is the mark of a really passionate crafter! :-)

loyaz said...

What a great job you did on this. It looks like it is painted wood. TFS
loyaz1@wbhsi.negt

Becca said...

I love your candy box! I am having fun trying out things like this right now. I would not feel like Christmas if I was in Florida either! I used to live in St Petersburg Florida for 18 years. It doesnt snow in Missouri like it used to. I missed having snow on Christmas.

Becca

scrappinbecca@gmail.com
scrappinbeccascraftroom.blogspot.com

littlen said...

cute, cute project. what a great way to give out small treats. thansk for the chance to win.
happy new year.
littlen44 at gmail dot com

VeronicaA said...

Those treat boxes are so adorable. I loved the faux stitching. Thanks for the chance to win.
Veronica
vballen@comcast.net

Marionment said...

Cute project. Great for small gifts.