Monday, December 19, 2011

Twelve Days of Christmas #7


Today's project is perfect for your furry friends.  A few weeks ago the digital stamp site Whimsie Doodles offered these cute circular doggy stamps as a freebie.  You can find them here.  Of course, this is a  super easy treat bag to put together.  I used a Wilton treat bag that I picked up at Walmart.  They measure 4x9".  I added some dog bones that came from PetSmart.  They're one of my dog's favorite treats.  What am I saying, my dog would eat anything, including a Netflix movie the other day.  Oops, had to pay for that one and didn't even get to watch it.  LOL  I simply cut a piece of kraft cardstock at 4x4" and scored it in the middle.  I cut a bone from the Cricut Create A Critter cartridge and attached it to the bag topper after tying a twine ribbon around it then took one of the printed circular sentiments I punched out with a 1 1/2" punch, placed it on a 2" scalloped circle and added it to the bag. I presented this treat bag to my friend for her 4 month old puppy Freddy.  She was delighted and said she was going to put it under the Christmas tree for him.  Don't worry, like most of us that live in our RVs fulltime, it's a tabletop tree so he won't be able to get the bag and chew it.  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll come back tomorrow to see my treat that I made for Freddy's mom and dad.  I didn't want them to feel bad because Freddy got a treat and they didn't.  LOL

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Jeri,thanks so much for the link as every year I make lots of doggy treats and love these doggy stamps. Your treat bags are fabulous.
Merry Christmas.
Jayne x

Sharon said...

Perfect treat bag for our furry friends!! Would be a great little gift from our furries to their furry friends!! :)