For the Cardz TV first ever Design Team Christmas Blog Hop click here.

I'm very excited about my home decor project today. This is a dry erase board I made. I went to my local home improvement store (Lowe's) and bought a smooth ceramic tile which cost only 89 cents. Then I bought a plate/frame holder (at Hobby Lobby) in black metal to hold the tile upright and it cost $2.99. I used black Cricut vinyl to cut my tile "embellishments". The word "notes" was cut from the Simply Charmed cartridge and the circle border at the bottom was cut from Elegant Edges. I found a package of 4 dry erase markers at the dollar store to go along with the board. Who knew that a dry erase marker would wipe right off a tile? A fabulous, quick, easy and cheap handmade gift, don't you think? I've made up several of these to give to neighbors. Let me tell you what we do with our dry erase board. My husband and I live fulltime in our RV. The campground community is a very friendly atmosphere and very social. The group we hang around with meets daily at 4:00pm for "happy hour". We rotate around to a different spot each day. To keep track of where "happy hour" will be we put the board in front of the camper that's hosting. Because it's ceramic with vinyl it's weatherproof and fine to leave outside. Of course, I suppose if it rained and had writing on it the rain might wash the marker off. I can't say that's been an issue here in Florida. We've had almost no rainy days since we've been here. This is our first year leaving the cold winter of Michigan. Now I understand why there are so many "snowbirds". This is the most fantastic thing we've ever done. I wish we'd done it sooner.
I've decided to offer this dry erase board to one lucky commentor. In order to be elegible you must comment on this post and my post below. Here is the
link of that post for the Cardz TV Christmas Blog Hop. The hop shows all Christmas projects that the Design Team made with Cardz TV stamps. You'll find some great inspiration there. Thanks so very much for stopping by and for all the sweet comments you leave. I enjoy reading them so very much.
11 comments:
This is a fantabulous idea!!! I'm gonna have to steal this idea from you!!! I love it! :)
This is such a great idea!
Pam at
http://craftycards4u2.blogspot.com/
I like your idea and it didn't cost much...
I commented on your blog hop yesterday from CardzTV..thanks for sharing your creative idea with us...
Merry Christmas
zullu26@aol.com
I love what you did. What a great idea. What do you do with all your craft supplies while living in an RV full time?
I have to say lady you are very, very creative!!!! This is something I know I will be making, thank you so much for the idea.
Thank you for caring, sharing, and the chance to win.
mhalford6 @aol. com
That is a great idea - and nicely done! Have a Merry Christmas.
Rae Ann O.
http://joyinart.blogspot.com
Wonderful idea! Need to put this on my "make this" list :)
Tanya
phenis2031 at yahoo dot com
Very nice, you are very creative. Thank you for sharing!
janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com
Very cute and inexpensive gift idea for anytime of year. TFS
gdobberteen at yahoo.com
Too cute and an awesome idea. If I don't win I just may have to scraplift this one.
I really love this little message board. I didn't know that a tile could be used...thank you for the idea. Smiles to you, Annette annetteahuna@yahoo.com
Post a Comment